Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Global Warming

bountyhunter

Well, don't worry folks... There's a deep-dip cold front about to hit the north Pacific Coast in about six days. You WILL feel it out there in the Midwest and East before too long. Then you won't be playing golf in shirtsleeves like you are now.

It's been persistently cold and wet here for a week or so. Just plain uncomfortable. I was hoping it'd let up and warm up a bit. But, no, it could get worse in this 6-day window aforementioned. And it WILL reliably move Eastward, I guarantee. :ph34r:

Most likely, but I'm still praying to St. El Nino' (sic) to keep the Jet Stream well North of here. B)

We had 18" of Snow in 24hrs here (last month) in the Northern Puget Sound (WA) area. That's unheard of! What's this about Global Warming?

I love that the dipshiets they interview on the NBC nightly News say things like "the frogs in NY are mating 10days earlier than they did 100years ago!!"

Really...how about 500 years ago, dare I ask 10,000 smart-guy? How were the frogs in your little city (think solar-system) mating then?

They have no concept of their place in this life.

Most of the Carbon Dioxide in our atmosphere comes from the oceans. As the water is heated by the increased solar activity so it release the CO2 into the atmosphere. This is why the concentrations go up after heating has occurred. High rates of CO2 are a consequence of higher temperatures and not the cause.

Trees and crops love the increase in CO2 which along with the warmer weather increases tree coverage and crop growth.

Polar bears survived the previous warming periods that were so warm, the vikings were able to grow crops in Greenland. They will survive this one too, as it's generally milder than those that have arrived in the past.

The increase in ocean levels will not occur as it did in the past either. During the last ice age, must of North America and Northern Europe was under several miles of ice and snow. When all that melted it increased the oceans levels to where they are now. If all the remaining ice at the poles melted you would expect to see an increase of perhaps a couple of inches worldwide.

Human induce global warming is a complete and utter myth.

This ends my rant for the day, I do hope you enjoyed it :D

What's your source for this information???

I live at sea level and even 6" will drastically change the way we live her in South Louisiana. The info I have says sea levels increase by 20 feet if the polar ice caps melt.

And where's the CO2 released from the ocean coming from??? Algae??? If that's the case the alage will also release plenty of O2 when in the Photosynthesis of their cycle.

Global warming is not a myth, nor one end of the natural range in climate shifts.

We have created it. The human race is fast approacthing the earth Carrying capacity.

Our arrogance and technology allow us to release more CO2 into the Atmosphere in a day now than was released in an entire first century.

Do some reading, get the facts. We will have to thin the heard or change the way we live on this rock. If we don't Mother Nature will.

But I'm not worried. I'm sure we'll all die from the nuclear fall out of a religious holy war created by our appetite for oil and our inability to deal with the fact that it's source is finite.

All that being said. At least the misery of crazy weather is semingly shared by all.

Not to worry, Nothing Stops MARDI GRAS!!!!!!!!!!

One last thought.

Melting ice caps my flood us, but all that water is sure to carry down some new sediment and rebuild our coast. Unless the Corps of Engineers figures a way to screw that up too. Maybe They'll just do a study on it until the next ice age.

Edited by bayoupirate

Do a search on the internet... Find books written by real scientists that have real physical evidence of previous warming and cooling cycles. All IPCC has are predictions based on computer models.

Read your way through this and see how people have changed the results of climate examination to suit their own agendas...

Second Assessment Report, Working Group I, Chapter Eight

I dont know if I would blame the corp of engineers, maybe it just wasnt a good idea to build a city below sea level but then again I lack common sense.

Please explain how our appetite for oil will create a holy war. i didnt realize that any of whats in the bible or koran is oil based. I always it was deeper than that. So when a new source of energy is found then all the religious tension will go away. Oh yea, the bible doesnt teach that we should kill any body who does not believe as it teaches. And the people of one of our states elected a representative who was sworn in on it. Thats really sad, we are at war with a religious group who base their purpose from the very same book one of leaders follows. I predict he wont be re-elected now its been made so public.

I have to stop.

One more thing, If I was so worried about, I am not, I would try to do some calculations based on geometry. Shouldnt be too hard. Most of what we hear today was developed to promote an agenda which usually can be tracked to power and money.

Ok now i have to stop.

Thanks for the link BritinUSA. I'm always looking for more info.

Chuck, Thanks for the reply.

Here in South Louisiana we are victims of our own creations. The corps of engineers is an easy target and indeed they have created most of the "Solutions" to our problems in the last 150 years or so. Unfortnately, these solutions have in turn created even worse problems.

The sole reason the Mississippi River was encased in concrete lined levees here was to prevent flooding. Ironically, cutting off all of the estuary ecosystems from thier supply of fresh water and sediment has essentially killed them by allowed salt water from the gulf to invade. The salt water kills the vegetation that retains the soil, and the flow if the tides erodes the land. This very organic soil we live on is in a constant state of subsidence. For ages that sinking has been offset by fresh sediment deposited by the spring floods. Land was actually still forming. Here on the bayou I live, the corps decided that it would be cheaper just to dam of the bayou where it leaves the Mississippi.

New Orleans wasn't originaly below sea level, but once you create a levee system and begin pumping, the soil sinks. Come on, if you live in a place where you have to look UP to see the ships pass in the river, how can you be surprized when it floods. We've always known that it was a matter of When not IF New Orleans would flood.

You are correct that the bible does not avdocate killing those with opposing religous views, but you and I have the freedom to seek out other forms of religion and even create our own if we choose. Many of the people in those parts of the world are being taught a bastardized form of religion. Muslums should be peaceful people if they were to follow the teachings in the koran, but how many of them actually have a copy for themselves to read and how many could actually read it if they did. Wasn't it illegal for girls to go to school in Iraq? They are only living an acting on the misguided teaching of thier religous leaders.

Tell me what you'd like to justify, and I can find some bible verses and out of context bits and pieces from the Holy book to support that view.

How's Oil tie in. We are there. We wouldn't be there if we didn't need our fix of oil.

It's our being there that has provoked these people to seek us out as targets.

And, It's our appetite for oil that will lead to more conflicts in places where there is oil to be found. Remember some of the incidents of violence during the 73 gas shortage?

I don't know if getting out of those areas of the world will prevent them from seeking us as targets. I'd be willing to bet that from now until the end of time, when ever something in that region of the world goes wrong, Americans will be blamed, even if it's an act of God.

Then they'll say that their God is punishing them for allowing American infidels on their soil.

To them we are modern day Crusaders seeking the gold of the day, Oil.

Thanks again for you thoughts. I enjoy hearing everyone's views.

Edited by bayoupirate

Good morning!!

I did a little checking, the koran does in FACT tell muslims to put any body to the sword,that does not submit to islam.!!!!

And in history,muslims have attempted to domonate the world population several times.

This happened before oil was an issue.

I think oil is just the excuse of the day.

Jim