Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ss Rule Changes

D.Hayden

In all the discussions about the 2008 rule book, I had overlooked the 2007 changes.

http://www.uspsa.org/rules/1911_Single_Sta...2006_Update.pdf

The DOH is already illegal in SS now right?

But the mag pouches won't change until the 2008 (if ratified) rules?

And USPSA will be changing the classification in SS for some people soon? (Open 'A', Limited 'B' - SS will be 'B').

In all the discussions about the 2008 rule book, I had overlooked the 2007 changes.

http://www.uspsa.org/rules/1911_Single_Sta...2006_Update.pdf

The DOH is already illegal in SS now right?

But the mag pouches won't change until the 2008 (if ratified) rules?

And USPSA will be changing the classification in SS for some people soon? (Open 'A', Limited 'B' - SS will be 'B').

Dave,

Yup, many people missed this! And yup, the dreaded DOH is out for '07. (The WSSSC will be using the new rules so the DOH is out there) Pouches are the same and can be 2" from your torso. And yup, I just got demoted to C class from B class <_<

Later,

Chuck

Dave,

The website probably won't be updated until they do the classifier run around 13 January. I got into production in Dec 05 and ordered a DOH for my newly ordered SP-01 then. Since I was ordering stuff I got a new belt and stuff for PSSD also. For some reason that escapes me now I did not get the DOH for the 1911. I got a COMP-TAC instead. In retospect, it was a good move. Are you going to the WSSSC?

Later,

Chuck

Damn Chuck you are good, going backwards in Classification :blink:

On another note are you going to the USPSA Single Stack Nationals/Single Stack Classic this year?

Alan

Yeah, it's the only new rule that I can agree with totally! Nope, won't be making the SS Nats. I have a bunch of job travel and a serious 25th wedding anniversary trip coming up and I won't be able to fit it in. Besides, I grew up in Illinoizz. The weather can really suck that time of year! The WSSSC will be the only major SS match for me this year. In fact, I will be going back to open in Feb.

Later,

Chuck

One question.. does it say somewhere when these rules actually take/took affect?

I think it would be more clear on the USPSA site if it said, in effect starting '1/1'2007' etc.

I'm thinking since it's in the rules, they're in affect now, but it's about the only one that doesn't ratified by the board on 'xx/xx'.

One question.. does it say somewhere when these rules actually take/took affect?

I think it would be more clear on the USPSA site if it said, in effect starting '1/1'2007' etc.

I'm thinking since it's in the rules, they're in affect now, but it's about the only one that doesn't ratified by the board on 'xx/xx'.

It's there, it's just that it is buried in the BOD minutes

From the BOD minutes from 21-22 October 2006:

Motion: To adopt changes to provisional Single Stack rules effective 1/1/2007

Moved by Area 4

Seconded by Area 5

Passed

It appears that the light rail has been removed from the SS equipment rules section. Now you can shoot your TLE's and Desert Warriors in USPSA. If I read this right then I applaud the decision to allow light railed guns to compete. I never understood the reasoning behind the decision to begin with.

• 2 weeks later...
It appears that the light rail has been removed from the SS equipment rules section. Now you can shoot your TLE's and Desert Warriors in USPSA. If I read this right then I applaud the decision to allow light railed guns to compete. I never understood the reasoning behind the decision to begin with.

I think there were a couple of reasons for this:

#!- the 1911 with the light rail was not of original design. (but then again neither was the adjustable sites and many other ideas that have evolved over time.

#2- The extra steel on the dust cover was considered by some to be a competitive advantage since it added weight to the front end of the gun.

I dont own or shoot a 1911 with a light rail on it, but I'm glad they changed this rule to allow those that have a light rail to come join in on the fun.

I measured and weighed the Kimber Warrior. The light rail measurement is actually based on it with a fudge factor added in. It was the longest light rail I could find. It weighed 41.9 ounces with empty magazine inserted on a set of produce scales which are certified by the state to be correct.

Hope this helps.

Gary

Edited by Gary Stevens

As I read it, Single Stack was introduced as a provisional division and is now being modified. Perhaps it's because I don't understand the process, but when does SS quite being provisional and become actual . . . or whatever the right words are?

Lee

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...