Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Thoughts On A Sv Sight Tracker Barrel For An Sti

ChadF

What are the thoughts of the sight tracker barrel SV is using? I am thinking of having one fitted to an STI.

-Does the extra weight of the barrel, and the cut in the slide help fight muzel lift a little?

-Is it noticeable when shooting that the front and rear sights are separating apart then coming back togher ?

Edited by ChadF

I have two SV Sight Trackers in 40. I don't think there is any advantage weight wise with the barrel, it is not much heavier than a regular bull barrel. I do think the slide cycles faster due to the weight reduction in the slide. Both of mine have run 100% since day one.

I have a sight tracker and there is no weight advantage. As jaxshooter said the slide cycles faster but that is about it. The sight being on the barrel is the real advantage(if any) after an a session where I shot a sightracker, a standard Svi long dustcover, a short dustcover and a Trusight I cant see any advantage to one over the other. If anything the old short dustcover gun may be as good or better. It moves and points faster. As the saying goes its the singer not the song. The person who wrote the letter about the arms race was ruining the sport again is wrong. He in paticular pointed out the sight tracker and the trusight. I personally like the arms race and the pushing of the technology. It makes the gunmakers think in new directions and develope new things for us to try. I have seen others in my area build sighttrackes on their Sti frames and they worked out fine. Bedell is doing it and a gunsmith in the Charlotte area does it on request. Also dont forget there is the cool factor when you have something like that