Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Kentucky Derby Tickets

Okay all my Kentucky Cuzzins - how the heck does a grrl get tickets without spending a fortune? I need 12 of them!!!!!

You know somebody that gets them through their business. I went to the Derby and Oaks last year at the expense of a Louisville area tire distributer. It was worth the cost of the flight up, etc. While there, I noticed that Kentucky Fried Chicken has a notable presence at Churchill Downs and, I seem to recall hearing they had some interest in either the track or the Derby. Perhaps you can swing something through someone with that company.

Failing that, join the Twin Spires Club, get one of their Visa cards, fill out their surveys and bet at one of their affiliated tracks. 20,000 points on your Twin Spires account, which is free, gives you a leg up on purchasing grandstand tickets.

Lee

Grrl,

It used to be one inherited one's Derby tickets. Those days are gone. Now you need a corporate sponsor. Call the ticket office and see what they say. Many businesses get an allotment of tickets for their sponsorship and scalp make them available if you know someone. I don't know anyone. Have you tried EBAY?

The good news is you can shoot the Wilmore 3 Gun match this weekend. :)

I cant shoot for another month maybe 2 months, so Im not thinking about the smell of gun powder!! :angry:

Why not? What did I miss?

Kevin went up North and some Yankee cut his heart out. He's going to be okay but it takes a couple of months to heal up from something like that.

Edited by AikiDale

I dont know what a kentucky colonel will get you. I was made a colonel but there isnt much to that. Maybe I missed somehting. Never got active in the group. If I remember right at first all I got was correspondence asking for money. I stopped opening their mail and then it quit coming.

I have never been to the Derby. I hear the infield is for people getting drunk and puking on each other. They cant even see the race. Ask Jawor about the infield. Might ask him if he can hook you up with some tickets, you dont spend that long on the Louisville pd without making some connections. M. Rhea may know some people also. Good luck finding them.

Infield tickets are usually fairly easy to come by..let's see..last time I went to the derby the infield was full of half naked people..and some fully naked people getting carried around on tables...and a lot of co-ed bathroom co-habitation...

As far as a more respectable, cultured experience.....who am I kidding, I don't know any cultured or respectable people so I can't help there...

Good luck. If anyone has a connection it will be Jawor.

Just to get you in the mood: Derby 2006

Found you a great deal on 4 tickets: Only $35,250 B)

Have you considered buying, or renting, a large screen HD TV and throwing your own Derby Party? You get a much better view of the race without the traffic. ;) Or you had better get busy volunteering for the Governor's campaign staff, it is an election year and he can get you in. :D

Infield tickets are usually fairly easy to come by..let's see..last time I went to the derby the infield was full of half naked people..and some fully naked people getting carried around on tables...and a lot of co-ed bathroom co-habitation...

As far as a more respectable, cultured experience.....who am I kidding, I don't know any cultured or respectable people so I can't help there...

Good luck. If anyone has a connection it will be Jawor.

Dan,

Was that the Derby or a summer multi gun match at BGSL? :P

Dave

Dan,

Dave

Dave, those memories are interchangeable....I just remember that both involved copious amounts of alcohol, nudity, and firearms...I do believe, however, that my subconscious has blocked out any memories of Foley naked on a table because it was just too traumatic of a memory to keep.

Still in Libya at the moment...looking forward to shooting with you all later in January..

Dan

Dan,

Dave

Dave, those memories are interchangeable....I just remember that both involved copious amounts of alcohol, nudity, and firearms...I do believe, however, that my subconscious has blocked out any memories of Foley naked on a table because it was just too traumatic of a memory to keep.

Still in Libya at the moment...looking forward to shooting with you all later in January..

Dan

I remember Libya...didn't they write a song about her? Libya oh Libya the encyclopibya...Libya the tattooed lady....... :lol:

Looking forward to your return.

Dave