Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2007 South West Regional

sargenv

Well, I thought I posted this already and found that I had not. The Richmond Hotwheels are hosting the 2007 South West Regional Match on Saturday April 21st. Information can be found by going to the web site:

http://richmondhotshots.com

The Match application can be found at

http://www.icore.org/pdf/SWRegionalEntry_2007.pdf

Hope to see you here :)

Vince

Well, I thought I posted this already and found that I had not. The Richmond Hotwheels are hosting the 2007 South West Regional Match on Saturday April 21st. Information can be found by going to the web site:

http://richmondhotshots.com

The Match application can be found at

http://www.icore.org/pdf/SWRegionalEntry_2007.pdf

Hope to see you here :)

Vince

B) works for me

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, so we have 21 or 22 shooters signed up so far. We have a pretty good respresentation also, So far I have about half of the entries from southern California or outside of the state. A lot of the locals have still not signed up yet (you all know who you are). :) We are hoping to fill this one up at about 84 shooters, so if you shoot a wheel gun, come on out as California has no restriction (yet) about number of rounds in the cylinder.

Vince

Considering Oregon and Washington are the Northwest, California drops in as Southwest. Ok, so it's not AZ or Los Angeles, but Piru is only about 5 hours south of us and Oregon is 5 hours north. Technically California would be considered Pacific, but when I asked the same question, I was told what I repeated above.

Ok, I got to thinking.. Hopalong is in Tennesee, so I plugged Ramer into my GPS and Ramer is at N 35 04.333 minutes W 088 37.113. Richmond is at N 37 58.649 W122 22.020. So you seem to only be aalmost 3 degrees more south than we are. Ashland, OR is at N 42 11.240 W 122 41.688. Ashland is right on the border of Cali and OR and is considered NW. Anything pretty much south of there can be considered SW. Got it? :) BTW Piru is at N 34 24.407 W118 47.525.

Also, if we didn't pick it up, there was rumor that there was not going to be a match this year. Would you prefer that there be one less ICORE regional? :(

Vince

Edited by sargenv

• 2 weeks later...

Getting around to a few loose ends here...........

My attempt at humor was to bring more attention to this match, even though it is out in the land of the Wacky West! ;) (Ask DanBagger next time you see him)

NO I don't want there to be any less of any type match ICORE included.

Good luck with it, and Keep Danbagger and Bagakiss in line out there! :P

Hopalong

More attention is exactly what we need.. It's kind of a hike for most people but we have entrants from Washington, OR, NV, and AZ, and maybe farther away as well (can't remember right now since that data is at home). It should be a great match. April is usually time for good weather.

Vince

Edited by sargenv

More attention is exactly what we need.. It's kind of a hike for most people but we have entrants from Washington, OR, NV, and AZ, and maybe farther away as well (can't remember right now since that data is at home). It should be a great match. April is usually time for good weather.

Vince

The SW is always a great, fun match. I will be there. And, in my opinion, California is part of Jupiter

The SW is always a great, fun match. I will be there. And, in my opinion, California is part of Jupiter

But the Southwest part, :D Right underlug

Right, but when you are at the IRC, it is the ground under your feet, Bubber B)

Edited by underlug

• 1 month later...

Right, but when you are at the IRC, it is the ground under your feet, Bubber B)

Stage designs are up on the Richmond web site

256 rounds.........WWWWHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by underlug

Think... Crazy Croc, Revolver style ;) Bring lots of moons or speedloaders...

Vince

By the way, a few of my friends and myself did the Crazy Croc Ballistic Banzai Match with our revolvers last year.

It was FUN!!!. The most fun match of last year for me.

We are looking forward to doing it again this Labor Day Weekend

The SW with a 6 looks like a similiar challenge. Should be a kick

Think... Crazy Croc, Revolver style ;) Bring lots of moons or speedloaders...

Vince

By the way, a few of my friends and myself did the Crazy Croc Ballistic Banzai Match with our revolvers last year.

It was FUN!!!. The most fun match of last year for me.

We are looking forward to doing it again this Labor Day Weekend

The SW with a 6 looks like a similiar challenge. Should be a kick

• 3 weeks later...

Well, there is a chance of rain inthe forecast for friday, but it looks like Saturday will be mostly cloudy. I'd reccomend that you bring a warm jacket as it can get cold and windy out at our range sometimes. If you are coming from up north, it'll probably be warm for you, if coming up from the south, it'll probably be a tad cooler than you thought.

See ya Sat!

Vince

Well,

We nearly made the whole day without having to shoot in the rain, but by the last stage of the day, it was misty/rainy and by the time prizes were given out, it was just plain raining. John Bagakis took Overall, with a Limited gun, and Doug Newquist took 2nd overall and 1st Open division winner. Results are posted at:

http://richmondhotshots.com/results07/ICOR...nal_Results.pdf

I was um.. 8th Limited, 3rd B and 24th overall just behind Lisa F.

Vince

Thanks to all of you for putting on such a smooth running match, it was obvious a lot of effort was put in to it. Everyone did great !!!!!

Thanks to Dan C. for talking me into giving ICORE a try......I'll be back

Congrats John Bagakis, Hey if you got an extra can of Whoop @$$ left I could use a little for here. :) Looks like you dun well. 64 shooters is a good turn out. I sure miss the Southwest Shoots. And Jon finished less than a second behind one of the Viking Brothers. :ph34r:

Congrats John Bagakis, Hey if you got an extra can of Whoop @$$ left I could use a little for here. :) Looks like you dun well. 64 shooters is a good turn out. I sure miss the Southwest Shoots. And Jon finished less than a second behind one of the Viking Brothers. :ph34r:

I tied Rex's shoelaces together and he didn't notice until the 5th stage. Thanks for teaching me that one, Bubber. Also, someone fooled him and sold him a gun that had two holes missing.

Hey Dan C. That discussion we had on procedurals kind of hits home :)

Thanks to everyone that worked on the match. It was a great party. Thank you for the courtesys extended to us Northwesterners (letting us shoot and scoot). We had a great squad, literally. It averaged about 6'5" and 280 pounds even with me and Gary in it. I owe everybody in the squad one for skipping after shooting the last stage.

And, Randy Lee came thru for me again. What a guy

Hope to see everybody soon.