Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2007 Wisconsin Section Championship

The 2007 Wisconsin Section Championship will again be hosted by Holmen Practical Shooters at the Holmen Rod & Gun Club, Holmen Wisconsin.

Match Date:

April 21 & 22th, 2007

This will be a one day format, competitors will shoot on Sunday, April 22 . Staff & ROs will shoot on Saturday, April 21. Self-Squadding will be done online on the USPSA website.

Match will consist of 8 stages, plus chrono station.

Applications and Information:

Applications and additional information is available at: http://www.wisconsinshooters.com/uspsa_wi_section.htm

This year we'll be using two separate applications, one for the competitors and one specifically for the staff. Please use the appropriate application.

Match Fee:

$85.00 (Juniors $50.00) entries must be postmarked by March 15, 2007.

Match Hotel:

Settle Inn (formerly the Hampton Inn)

2110 Rose Street

La Crosse, WI 54603

608-781-5100

Hotel website: http://www.settleinn.com/la-crosse-settle-inn.html

Mention "USPSA" to recieve special rate of $49.00 + tax/night.

Map & Directions:

Map & directions to the range can be found here: http://www.holmenrodandgunclub.com/Directions.asp

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Hope to see you there,

Ronnie Casper

Match Director

715-896-1965

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

I'm handling registration for the WI Section so I wanted to remind everyone that it's coming up fast and there are only about 30 days left to sign up for the match.

Since this match is one week before the Single Stack Nationals, this might be a perfect chance to warm up for it :)

Hope to see you there,

Lori

• 4 weeks later...

Greetings,

I just wanted to send out a reminder that this is the last week to sign up for the WI Section, April 21 & 22. We would like to have entries post marked by March 15th for planning purposes (shirts, awards, etc).

Since this match is one week before the Single Stack Nationals, this might be a perfect chance to warm up for it .

Hope to see you there :)

Thanks

Lori

I can't wait!!!

Always a great match. Good prize table. Nice folks. Not to mention a brewery sponsor who donates their refreshing product for after the match :rolleyes:

Great way to spend my birthday!

Anybody want a pre-match (Saturday night for me) get together at bar of choice?

I'm game :)

I can't wait!!!

Always a great match. Good prize table. Nice folks. Not to mention a brewery sponsor who donates their refreshing product for after the match :rolleyes:

Great way to spend my birthday!

Anybody want a pre-match (Saturday night for me) get together at bar of choice?

I'm game :)

Truegent's buying?

Cool!

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to let those who are in the match know that the stages are now available online. They are on the major match results page on the USPSA website.

You'll find the stages here:

http://www.uspsa.org/mr/match_index.php?year=2007&match=2007_WI_Section_Championship

When the match book is available I'll post an update.

See you at the match,

Ronnie

I just talked to lori tonight and she told me she was in charge of the weather. I asked her if shorts would be in order and she said emphatically, YES!

So, there ya go.

I'll have a parka in my range bag just in case..... :D

Ben,

Trust me, I learned my lesson last year. I changed it out to a Dawson Lo Pro. I can pretty much stand on the pistol now and the magazine wont come out, until I want it too.....heehee.

See ya soon!

• 2 weeks later...

I concur..............great match, great stages, good prize table, and the rain was kind enough to wait until we were leaving before it made its appearance. Squad 9 was very fun to be in.

Its hard to get a school teacher to admit that he is looking forward to something that is at the end of summer, but Area 5 should be great.

More detailed results containing an unofficial overall can be found at: http://www.wisconsinshooters.com/uspsa_wi_section.htm

Anyone with pictures or videos of the match can upload them to our Gallery at: http://www.wisconsinshooters.com/coppermine/

A 2007 Wisconsin Section album has been created, just contact me for your username and password to begin uploading.

Thanks,

Ronnie

+1 for me on another fine job by everyone involved with the WI Section.

As someone said the hotel was a very nice hotel, and very value priced.

Excellent stages, great staff, RO's, and don't forget the girls who worked so hard getting the food ready, and ran scores. :D

I really enjoyed and learned from my fellow shooters in Squad 13. Thank you for letting me tag along.

As Ronnie said now everyone needs to generate some thank you letters and emails to the sponsors. We should let them know as well how much we appreciate their contribution to the event and the shooting community.

Here's a bit of fun trivia. The people who won Limited, Limited 10, Production, Open, and Single Stack this year, also won the same division last year.

Interesting! There is a new champ in Revolver Division, Keith Ulfers shot a fine match and took the trophy.

Jake, congratulations again on your victory in Open. It was nice seeing you and Matt (who also shot lights out) and Larry (ditto) and all the other great guys from around the country who attend this match. I'm just glad I managed to shoot your stage with no penalties and thereby avoided having to embarass myself trying to do push-ups in the sand that you threatened me with..... ;)