Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Doh - Tek-lok Vs. Regular

I did a quick search and there wasn't a whole lot of info on the topic.

I have a regular DOH for my production gun and I am looking at another one for the new limited gun I have on order.

What is the purpose of the Tek-Lok system? It looks like folks have added velcro to get it to work on CR Speed belts and but there were complaints about the some pieces falling off or not working.

Is there any real benefit to this feature?

Any additional info would be greatly appreciated.

The TekLok has a narrower attachment than the Stingray loops. The Stingray won't pendulum as much on the belt as a TekLok. This only comes into play on stages that you have to run with the gun in the holster. It helps keep the TekLok more stable if you add velcro to the inside, the Stringray loops don't need it.

I never take my holster off my belt (CR Speed) so the ease of removal doesn't come into play for me.

I have both and I did not have any problems with either. I prefer the standard (not the Tek-lok) because it hugs my hip better and is a little bit more comfortable. Ease of removing was not an issue.

No problems with mine. I find the tek-lok easier to remove from the belt as it clips onto it versus my belt holsters that slide on.

What type of belt are you using? Does it stay in place?

CR Speed.

I have several regular back and Tec Loc holsters and magazine pouches. Love the Tec Lok. Especially for 3-gun. I can easily bag my pistol or mag pouches between stages and not bother the other junk on the belt. Works well with both CR Speed or regular belt. BTW, there is an adjustable tab on the inside that allows matching to various size belt widths.

I have both too. I prefer the belt loops version over the tek-lok since it doesn't wiggle around as much on my belt. On the tek-lok I took a dremel and some sandpaper to the corners to rounf them off and they don't dig into my side anymore when bending over to pick up brass. I love the DOH though. I dont think there is much disadvantage when compared to a race holster, and I've never had my gun fall out of the DOH - unlike most race holsters I've been around.

JM

I use the Tec-lok for holster and mag carriers. I did this for 3 gun, as stated, easier to get off and on, also added the tec-lok to my shot gun shell holders. I use a 1 3/4 Wilderness

5 stitch belt.