Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Idpa Box

As for competition between the two sports, we are all shooters, brothers and sisters who like pulling the trigger and having dinner with other people of like minds who don't go HE HAS A GUN! if a shirt nslips when we lean over to get more food at the buffet .

Okay, that got a smile. As well as a big "Amen!" :D

I'm only familier with the IDPA stuff but this sounds like a good idea. What should I be looking at that tells me best where my Springer CDP gun and I fit in to USPSA catagories? Is there a classification for "big gun carried by overweight old fart?"

ciao!

leam

I'm only familier with the IDPA stuff but this sounds like a good idea. What should I be looking at that tells me best where my Springer CDP gun and I fit in to USPSA catagories? Is there a classification for "big gun carried by overweight old fart?"

ciao!

leam

Your CDP is perfect for the provisional Single Stack division or Limited 10 division with 10 rd mags. Remember SS is a "test" division and in case you shoot at one of the few clubs that don't recognize it so just check Limited 10 and shoot with your 8 rd mags.

The "big gun overweight old fart" is by far our largest division but is unrecognized because of too many participants.

Edited by BSeevers

One thing to be aware of in USPSA, give the rules 10 minutes and they will change again. SS is a provisional division advocated by Gary Stevens. Kudo's go to Gary for his efforts. I certainly hope it works out as it creates another division besides Production where one cannot "buy" advantages. As Bill stated, SS is provisional and probably will not be recognized at all clubs. It may never be accepted as an official division. It's ironic that with the new anti-gun congress, USPSA is looking at eliminating divisions such as Limited-10 that has a good following. Should the "10 round" law come back into effect (and I certainly hope that it doesn't), by not having the Limited-10 division, new shooters are immediately at a disadvantage since they cannot legally buy hi-cap mags.

IDPA's CDP and ESP division rules are very simple and very logical. Although I promote shooting all of the games out there, IDPA divisions will always remain very stable.