Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2007 Psa Shootout

Here is a quick video of a few stages. I'll do a full video if I have time! :D

CLICK ME

nice shooting. the secret to winning the psa shootout is evident in matt's shooting. go as fast as you can...without missing. he only missed a few shots in the 3 runs combined. most of us get too hyped up and shoot way faster than we should. the missed shots and extra reloads take their toll over 6 stages.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is a quick video of a few stages. I'll do a full video if I have time! :D

CLICK ME

nice shooting. the secret to winning the psa shootout is evident in matt's shooting. go as fast as you can...without missing. he only missed a few shots in the 3 runs combined. most of us get too hyped up and shoot way faster than we should. the missed shots and extra reloads take their toll over 6 stages.

Putting a new "ICE" insert in before the match doesn't hurt either! :D:ph34r:

Matt, can you figure out a rough estimate of how many (total) reload you did at the match?

I was wondering how much time a tenth or two per reload would add up to for the match...

I did 18 reloads. I THINK 14 would be a perfect match. I need to slow the video down to get a good count.

And FWIW, most people think the stages with the small plates cost you ....IMHO, it's the fast stages with the large plates that cost most people a few places in the results. Almost everyone knows to slow down and hit the small ones, but too many people think they can make up the speed on the big plates. An extra reload on the fast stages hurt much more than slowing down on the small plates. The PSA is all about rhythm and cadence. I'm still learning this myself.

Great job, Matt. I agree totally too about the stages. It's the bigger steel that sucks you in and can really trip you up. I learned a lot this year; i.e. I really blew it! I'll be back next year on a mission though...

History has been 1-2 weeks for interim results and 1-2 more for final results. They did have interim results during the match this year. So they should have the interim results hopefully up this week.

Matt, can you figure out a rough estimate of how many (total) reload you did at the match?

I was wondering how much time a tenth or two per reload would add up to for the match...

I did 18 reloads. I THINK 14 would be a perfect match. I need to slow the video down to get a good count.

I was talking with 'Big Daddy' a couple of weeks ago. It hit me like a ton of bricks that a well practiced...smokin'...reload could add up to quite a few seconds bit of time in savings over the course of the match.

This match [finally] shows me a desire to have a nice double wide gun, with a good magwell, pointy mags...positioned up front on the belt. Add in skill and practice.

Turtle,

Did you shoot you new Open gun ? Slide stop disabled ? Any loud clicking noising when it should have went BANG ?

B)

I was talking with 'Big Daddy' a couple of weeks ago. It hit me like a ton of bricks that a well practiced...smokin'...reload could add up to quite a few seconds bit of time in savings over the course of the match.

This match [finally] shows me a desire to have a nice double wide gun, with a good magwell, pointy mags...positioned up front on the belt. Add in skill and practice.

Turtle,

Did you shoot you new Open gun ? Slide stop disabled ? Any loud clicking noising when it should have went BANG ?

B)

I agree 110%. I should mention that the only practice I did was shooting groups at 18yds 3 days the week before the match. Otherwise, I did a few thousand reloads all week long and at the hotel. I only flubbed one in the match, which was the first one!

I still think it was the new ICE insert though.... ;)

Turtle, sorry I missed you at the match. Hopefully we'll get to shoot together this year. Give me a yell if you're shooting Area 8.

Matt,

I'm going to try to make A8 on Friday, I hope to see you. Will you be at any of the other east coast matches (Summer Blast, Mid Atlantic, etc.)?

Flex,

Yes, Yes, and Yes. <_< But the latter only happened once and if you must know, I actually knew it was going to but was hoping that it wouldn't. How ridiculous is that? Maybe I was hoping that there was a magic bullet in there or something.....I actually knew that I was out, looked at the last plate on the stage and pressed the trigger anyway, as if to will it down with my "angry eyes". I did drop 3 mags with 1 round left in them, two of them on 1 stage. That cost me an extra reload at the end as I had 2 plates left at the end of my 3rd mag. Like I said, I learned a lot!

The gun ran 100% though. :D That makes 2 flawless Majors for that little beauty so far....

Edited by Turtle

The best way to practice for the this match: Shoot and count...out loud! The best stages I had last year were while I was counting. The worst ones I had was when I forgot to.

It's one of the hardest things in the world to do...and you can't do it in your head...or at least I can't.

OK, that's the only tip I'm gonna give. I may want to come back one year!

Congrats to the winners...whoever you may be.

Preliminary results are up - Congrats to all the winners.

http://www.psashootout.com/docfiles/2007/0...TS%20Scores.pdf

Thank you Kay and crew for another great shoot and for such timely posting of the results! ;)

Can't wait till next year :D

Congrats to Rich Hupp, Matt Trout and Dave Parker (twice) for their wins at the Shootout. Thank you all for attending the match. Hope to see you all there next year.

MPG

I have bin there now 4 or 5 years now and every year it's better . What looks like an esesy

poper turns in a three target popper and boy as you wake a pice it gets harder . And those little round :angry: thing that way out there and the front site covers them now thats fun.

This year stage 6 wasn't bad at all . It's not like the duke they had were I ran out of ammo last time . And yes I will be there next year as well and i will be a sponsor next year as well .

Edited by g10mm

• 3 weeks later...
Imagine how Lewis must feel......he sucked so bad they named an awards system after him!

(Guess it sounds better than "Charity System" or "Pity System.") ;)

Mike......there's and old saying......

.....if you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything !

(figured I'd finish the quote nicely in case you forgot it <_< )

The PSA has gone on for 9 long years with 500 guns signed up in less than a month

this last time from when the apps hit the airwaves.....

those folks in chocolate-ville must be doing sumpin' right ;)

Thanks again to Kay, Brad and Rosey and to all those folks that came and shot and helped out too,

without you there wouldn't be a shootout.

See you next year for the big 10th anniversary :rolleyes:

(let's hope and pray it happen's)

Imagine how Lewis must feel......he sucked so bad they named an awards system after him!

(Guess it sounds better than "Charity System" or "Pity System.") ;)

Mike......there's and old saying......

.....if you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything !

(figured I'd finish the quote nicely in case you forgot it <_< )

Didn't intend to offend, Dave. Just poking a little good-natured fun at the "Lewis Lovers." (Note the smiley face.)

The PSA sounds like a really fun match, I just wish it weren't so far away.