Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2007 Psa Shootout

It was hot and dry in 1999 when I shot the match. I think it was held during July. Now its cold and wet. They have tents. I'll be ROing the side matches Friday. When last at PSA, I noticed they had built a nice shed over the firing line of that range.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shot the match today. The weather was cloudly and cool, no rain. A good "Dot" day. I consider myself an average PSA shooter and with the slightly higher count, used 205 rounds. I will be RO'ing the Shotgun and 22 rimfire side matches tomorow. It looks like it may be damp.

shot today. weather held out most of the day...just a few sprinkles of rain.

.40AET thought the funniest part of the whole day was when i dropped a full mag on the ground during a reload (you can't retrieve anything from the ground at this match). i agree that was funny. but the real funniest moment was 2 minutes later when he did the exact same thing! :lol::lol:

the plates on the star were giving some people problems (not falling on the first good hit). my mousefart loads took them off OK (147gr jhp & 3.1gr N310...PF ~ 132). it seems like it was loads with lighter bullets that had problems (even factory loads).

as always, the psa staff put on a great match.

.40AET thought the funniest part of the whole day was when i dropped a full mag on the ground during a reload (you can't retrieve anything from the ground at this match). i agree that was funny. but the real funniest moment was 2 minutes later when he did the exact same thing! :lol::lol:

If you hadn't been there today, I might have lost my sh!t and gone home. In 7 years of shooting, our afternoon squad was the worst that I have ever been on. Out of 11 people 2 of us, plus one or two helpers did everything. I'm still pissed.

It's bad when 2 of us are making a game out of "who can set the steel back up the quickest".

Or, when we set all of the steel and the RO is calling for painting of the steel and the rest of the squad is gone. Ooooh. :wacko: Yet another race to see who can win.

There were 2 good guys who shagged all of the brass for the squad and they should be commended. The rest should burn in....well, you know. ;)

Thankfully!!!!! The morning relay was a ton of fun. At one point there were 8 people setting steel back up. The RO's made it clear that we were doing well.

The morning relay took about 2.5 hours and the afternoon relay was about 4 hours (of Hell).

I'ts a ton of fun and I'm already looking forward to next year. Thanks to everyone who put on the match.

.40AET thought the funniest part of the whole day was when i dropped a full mag on the ground during a reload (you can't retrieve anything from the ground at this match).

So were you able to finish the stage? Now that would have been funny, well in a "I just accidentally killed my Father and married my Mother" kinda way.

.40AET, soory you had a bad afternoon relay to shoot with, that does tend to kill a buzz. Usually you have to fight off the others. "Get back, this piece of steel is mine!"

I think I would have resorted to sarcasm, "HEY EVERYONE WATCH HOW THIS AMAZING STEEL SETS ITSELF BACK UP! OH, WAIT A MINUTE....." Well you can see where that's going. Hopefully I will have better luck on Sunday when I go. :)

I hate that I missed the PSA this year. :angry:

I should've blown off the SS Nats! Goodness knows the PSA wouldn't have been nearly the train wreck I had this weekend! UNBELIEVABLE!

Anyway, good luck to everyone shooting. I'll be there in spirit.

I shot Sunday afternoon and if there were any interim results, I didn't see them.

Great match as always. Best weather I can remember for this event. Had all sorts of fun and verified that I shoot a 10 round auto much faster than a 7 shot revolver...

I shot Sunday afternoon and if there were any interim results, I didn't see them.

Great match as always. Best weather I can remember for this event. Had all sorts of fun and verified that I shoot a 10 round auto much faster than a 7 shot revolver...

Kay and the PSA staff did a good job of posting Interim results - results were posted next to the squading lists - just above the coffee area.

It's bad when 2 of us are making a game out of "who can set the steel back up the quickest".

Or, when we set all of the steel and the RO is calling for painting of the steel and the rest of the squad is gone. Ooooh.

I think I was ROing you guys on that stage (#4)

Edited by pmd

If you hadn't been there today, I might have lost my sh!t and gone home. In 7 years of shooting, our afternoon squad was the worst that I have ever been on. Out of 11 people 2 of us, plus one or two helpers did everything. I'm still pissed.

Or, when we set all of the steel and the RO is calling for painting of the steel and the rest of the squad is gone. Ooooh. :wacko: Yet another race to see who can win.

There were 2 good guys who shagged all of the brass for the squad and they should be commended. The rest should burn in....well, you know. ;)

Sorry to hear that happened .40AET, the match runs best when all pitch in like they are

told to at the match briefing. I RO'd Friday pm and all the squads I saw all helped out like

they were supposed to, it's one part of an RO's job to make sure all are doing their part to

keep the match running smoothly.

I'ts a ton of fun and I'm already looking forward to next year. Thanks to everyone who put on the match.

Glad to hear you'll be back, it is a ton of fun.

PSA is a lot of fun. Shot this for several years and enjoy it more each time.

We could use an escalator going down to and up from the lower pits.

I liked the added round count. Making some of the arrays 30 pieces adds in that extra or maybe extra-extra reload. With less than 30 plates, if you hit all the steel you still have a slight error margin. With the count at 30, you have the choice of burning it down with no room for error or doing an extra reload. Makes the game more fun.

I think I actually shot better this year then before, lower times and more plates, now all we need is the results to be posted. Worry about the payouts later, I just want to know where I stand in the order of finish.

Good job.

Jim

PS, for more steel shoots like this, go to www.worldclasssteel.com

Jim

PSA is a lot of fun. Shot this for several years and enjoy it more each time.

We could use an escalator going down to and up from the lower pits.

I liked the added round count. Making some of the arrays 30 pieces adds in that extra or maybe extra-extra reload. With less than 30 plates, if you hit all the steel you still have a slight error margin. With the count at 30, you have the choice of burning it down with no room for error or doing an extra reload. Makes the game more fun.

I think I actually shot better this year then before, lower times and more plates, now all we need is the results to be posted. Worry about the payouts later, I just want to know where I stand in the order of finish.

Good job.

Jim

PS, for more steel shoots like this, go to www.worldclasssteel.com

Jim

That's what the gators are for Jim, just ask and somebody will give you a lift out of the "pit" to the flatlander stages :D

And you should see the results soon, at least preliminary ones, the posting of stats shortly after the squads shot

was done again this year and posted as mentioned earlier.

Only problem with that is I get to see my name fall down the list as the weekend goes along :(

I hear the NJ falling steel shoots are worth the trip, check out the website Jim posted above.

Sorry to hear that happened .40AET, the match runs best when all pitch in like they are

told to at the match briefing. I RO'd Friday pm and all the squads I saw all helped out like

they were supposed to, it's one part of an RO's job to make sure all are doing their part to

keep the match running smoothly.

Glad to hear you'll be back, it is a ton of fun.

I came through in the AM relay and we kicked ass setting steel and picking up brass. I wouldn't miss the match as long as I'm shooting. I would need some assurances that I won't end up on the same squad again. Thanks to all of the Ro's. All of you guys did a great job and help to keep things fun.

As of late Sunday they had results posted including Sunday am scores.

From what I remember, Rick Hupp was leading Open Auto with around 104 seconds, Matt Trout had Stock Auto at like 114 seconds, and Rick Hupp had Open Revolver with some crazy fast time maybe around 140 seconds or so.

As of late Sunday they had results posted including Sunday am scores.

From what I remember, Rick Hupp was leading Open Auto with around 104 seconds, Matt Trout had Stock Auto at like 114 seconds, and Rick Hupp had Open Revolver with some crazy fast time maybe around 140 seconds or so.

I believe 10mmdave beat Rick's time - I think Dave's time was in the mid 130's.

Edited by pmd

I shot Saturday morning and was squaded with Eric Budd.

It was my first time shooting the match and my second ever all steel match. I found out for steel you have to be fast and accurate, so I was completely out of my element.

It was also the first time my wife accompanied me to a match. She won the cash raffle and had a good time setting steel and getting brass.

Thanks to all the RO's the match went very smooth. I will definitely be there next year.

Great match as always! We had a great time and it was nice to shoot in great weather rather than the freezing rain we shot in the last few years!

Thanks to everyone that put their time and effort into the match. If you haven't been to the PSA you should put it on the to-do list. Hopefully they will expand it to 8 or 10 stages! What do you think Brad and Kay? :D

Here is a quick video of a few stages. I'll do a full video if I have time! :D

CLICK ME

Edited by MTrout40

Great match as always! We had a great time and it was nice to shoot in great weather rather than the freezing rain we shot in the last few years!

Thanks to everyone that put their time and effort into the match. If you haven't been to the PSA you should put it on the to-do list. Hopefully they will expand it to 8 or 10 stages! What do you think Brad and Kay? :D

Here is a quick video of a few stages. I'll do a full video if I have time! :D

CLICK ME

Smokin runs Matt and great reloads. I'm going to make it one of these yrs.

Flyin

I just wanted to say what a great match. I shot saturday morning with a great group that all helped out, even the wives not shooting... Overall it was very organized and a lot of fun, except all the small damn plates. Next year i will be trying open...

Thanks again to the PSA staff for putting on such a great event..

Tom