Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sec In Bowl Games!

Jack Suber

What's a SEC?

Hermano,

The SEC IS football. ;)

It stands for South East Conference. Wasn't sure if you were being sarcastic or not. If so I apologize for not catching it.

I am not a big fan of Les Miles but I really hate the Irish so I hope the Tigers stomp a giant mud hole in those boys from South Bend.

being originally from south carolina and a die hard gamecock, i am now stuck in big 12 country in houston arguing that the sec is the best conference. as much as i hate florida, mostly due to the whooping spurrier put on us before coming to sc, i am pulling for them and every sec team out there. can't tell you how nice it is wearing my gamecocks hat around h-town.

I'm all for a simple 4 team College Playoff system.

Using the current bowls, Simple seed #4 vs #1 and #2 vs #3

Winners play for the national title in the last bowl of the season.

That way USC can't claim to be Co-Champions every other year.

P.S. - After working for UF a summer, I would have bet SEC stood for Students Experiencing Chlamydia. :o

Edited by bayoupirate

What's a SEC?

Hermano,

The SEC IS football. ;)

Yeah Jack, I kinda' figured that one out by my dumb self. Just wanted share with you how football-illiterate I am.

BTW, "Feliz Año Nuevo!"

Since LSU tickets are more expensive and harder to get than New Orleans Saints tickets we don't go very often. Missed this season altogether due to lack of available tickets. So we improvise.

My house is just a few miles from LSU Tiger stadium. Over two levees, the Mississippi river, some light wooded area, then my crib. On more than one Saturday night the wife and I have brought a cooler and a radio to the front yard. We've sat and listened to game on the Marconi while watching the glow from the stadium on the horizon and hearing the roar of 92,400 fans cheer on the purple and gold.

Saturday night in Death Valley is an experience not to be missed. Geaux Tigers.

The Irish now have another football record to be proud of...9 straight bowl losses. That's number one in the NCAA :rolleyes:

What a bunch of crap... a number 11 team that was very close to loosing 4 other games this year and they end up in a BCS playing Number 4.

It's all about the TV money and ticket sales.

I would like to see Boise State have a crack at the Irish! :D The Irish are definitely over-rated. I think any team in the SEC could have taken the Irish.

I do not like the BCS system. I say, have the bowls and then the winners of the top 4 play for the Championship (or something like that).

Some kind of play-offs sounds good to me.

I see way too many teams that are mentally done with their season by the time they get to the bowl game. No pay value left for them.

(Don't ever bet on the bowl games...you never know what team will show up.)

I always look upon a Notre Dame smackdown as bad karma.

I guess it's because I see them as getting special consideration.

Like a parent that gives preferential treatment to one child over another, the football world seems to give a free pass to Notre Dame football.

Consider that Notre Dame is the only team with it's own seat at the BCS table.

They are guaranteed a berth if they finish in the top eight. Period.

Why?

The Notre Dame mystique.

The name recognition, the history, the large fan base, the TV ratings....... the money.

None of this is Notre Dame's fault.

You can't blame them for taking what they are given.

I blame the lords of the BCS.

I hope they are happy with the Sugar Bowl blowout.

They can all go home now and count the money.

T

Go Cats! That was the first KY football game I have had a chance to watch since moving to TX. Darn few SEC games are broadcast here so I caught practically every bowl game with an SEC team involved.

It was a rockin' bowl season! May have to get the college "ticket" on DirecTV next year. WOW!

Edited by Kyreb

Since I'm a Univ. of Tennessee (the REAL UT) alumnus this is going to hurt but...............

GO GATORS!

Gotta pull for the SEC even though I think Jim Tressel is a real class act. He should be coaching in the SEC.

Gators just kicked a field goal to go up by 24 - 14.

Hang in there boys. You can do it.

When I become King, the first law passed will be:

Showing any commercial more than once during a football game is a hanging offense.

If I have to watch that robot punch the truck one more time I am going find a Dodge and set it on fire.

Football is life. The rest is just to fill in time between games.

Tls

Edited by tlshores

So with the Florida win over Ohio that makes the SEC with a bowl record of 5-3????

Let's see.....

Wins:

Florida, LSU, Kentucky, Auburn, South Carolina.

Loss:

Tennessee, Alabama, Arkansas.

Did I miss any here????

That would be a .600 I think that will not be the best percentage of a conference in the Bowl season but with 8 of the 12 conference teams in bowls I think that is the most for a conference (.750) which says something about the SEC in Bowl games. :)

(How's that for tying it back in) ;)

Note: I might be wrong, have been before. :huh:

Hopalong