Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Migration Of The Rules Debates...

EricW

I agree, but it does not seem many are voting in the polls.

Exactly :angry:

If more people don't get involved then these rules are going into effect as they stand. We have 8833 members on this forum and the polls have less than 100 votes. Sad really :(

Sad, but typical. So much easier to bitch and moan than to actually do something about it.

USPSA gives us, as shooters, a unique opportunity, and many are not taking advantage. As soon as I saw the link to USPSA and the forums, I emailed my section coordinator to notify all MD's and have them email their clubs shooters. He informed me that our AD had already done that.

Funny thing, I have yet to receive a single email from any of the clubs I shoot at, and I'm on their mailing lists.

You can lead the horse to water.... :(

I think the BOD understands that most people are only going to complain about the rule changes. The ones that get involved to do something about it are very few. They are willing to listen to the complaints because they know not enough people will get involved to cause them a problem and in turn they once again change things to thier liking or wants instead of doing what the members want.

The only way to change it is to look hard at your Area Director and other elected positions in the USPSA and elect new representitives that will stand up for the members. Guess that is a pipe dream though.

True, but the funny thing is there are a great number of good points coming out of the discussion by our fellow shooters. Very good points, and I'm happy to state that I've learned a lot from these other folks.

Can't say that all BOD members have done the same as there is a bit of ego getting bashed over there, and some of the BOD responses are defensive. The Pres dropped out of the discussions relatively quickly, and he was the nominating party for the minimum trigger pull.

Seems we may have a case of "My mind is made up, don't confuse me with the facts."

True, but the funny thing is there are a great number of good points coming out of the discussion by our fellow shooters. Very good points, and I'm happy to state that I've learned a lot from these other folks.

Can't say that all BOD members have done the same as there is a bit of ego getting bashed over there, and some of the BOD responses are defensive. The Pres dropped out of the discussions relatively quickly, and he was the nominating party for the minimum trigger pull.

Seems we may have a case of "My mind is made up, don't confuse me with the facts."

I think that the responses that have been posted in the past couple of days may have surprised and perhaps even been a little overwhelming to the/some members of the BOD. EVERYONE has the tendency to become a little defensive at times when their ideas are met with reactions that are unexpected or not as they hope. I expect that everyone will reexamine their position on a lot of the new rules after seeing other's position and hearing the various arguments and positions.

One thing I remain certain of in my mind is that we are represented by some very intelligent and focused people who have (at least what they perceive to be) the best interests of the USPSA organization and it's membership at heart. I think we should be very careful not to allow this to become an Us vs Them thing.

WE may agree or disagree but WE are still WE.

One thing I remain certain of in my mind is that we are represented by some very intelligent and focused people who have (at least what they perceive to be) the best interests of the USPSA organization and it's membership at heart. I think we should be very careful not to allow this to become an Us vs Them thing.

WE may agree or disagree but WE are still WE.

+1

There is a lot of constructive debate, particularly from George (Area 8) and there does seem to be a concensus to improve the rules as much as possible. There is a little ego bashing but not as much as I had thought. Kudos to those who are contributing and thanks to our BOD, particularly George who seems to have an open mind on everything.

--- snip ---

The Pres dropped out of the discussions relatively quickly, and he was the nominating party for the minimum trigger pull.

--- snip ---

Vluc,

I mean no disrespect by this but damn, man. This is a holiday weekend. Perhaps Mike had other things to do!

From the USPSA forum:

Last Active 29th December 2006 - 08:31 AM

The debate closes on March 31st so there is plenty of time for other BOD members to respond along with the rest of the USPSA membership (I hope). As you rightly state this is a holiday so perhaps many people prefer to stay away from the internet and focus on family for a while. I can't fault them for that.

Happy New Year everybody :D

--- snip ---

The Pres dropped out of the discussions relatively quickly, and he was the nominating party for the minimum trigger pull.

--- snip ---

Vluc,

I mean no disrespect by this but damn, man. This is a holiday weekend. Perhaps Mike had other things to do!

From the USPSA forum:

Last Active 29th December 2006 - 08:31 AM

None taken, Chuck.

My comment/remark may seem harsh, but this issue on trigger pull came up before Christmas. Rules were posted and comment asked for on the 26th/27th. We began questioning this, and asking for an explanation on this since then. The President responded in some of those threads but did not answer the question that not only me, but the majority of posters asked. What was the problem that caused this - what was the reason for a minimum trigger pull.

Silence.

George and maybe one or 2 other AD's are out there trying to address issues that they don't agree with. This is one. Why are the posters on trigger pull from the BOD the ones who don't want to see it and voted against it? It's a holiday for them as well, yet they are here trying to answer our questions.

If you don't want to answer questions over a holiday, then don't announce rules changes and request comment for them over that same holiday. You set yourself up for comments just like this one.

You accurately point out that his last comments were on the 29th. One would think that since the topic has been pounded since the 27th, he could have found time for an answer.

Regardless, you are correct, he may have had other things to do. I stand chastised and apologetic.

This is a very popular week to take off and go someplace. I'd expect traffic to pick up on the forums by the end of the week.

Not to mention, you have to read through the things to comment properly. It took me a couple hours to go thorugh all the changes and compare to the old text even with the diffs doc.

My gripe (well one of them anyhow) is when I see screen names here on BE.com ranting about the various rules but not voicing their thoughts on the USPSA Forums.

As far as I'm concerned, rants here are for when folks just need a happy place to vent. If the rant is supposed to mean anything at all, post it on the USPSA Forums.

If I was not on the forums here, then I would not have a clue that there was even a discussion going on at the USPSA site. Since the storm last year, it take at least 2 months longer than everyone else to get the front sight, and thats if your lucky. So I think as time goes by there will be more response as the word gets out.