Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Heads Up To The Ca Guys

DanM

Larry..

in a nutshell.. when California banned 'Assault Weapons' (AR-15s, AK47s) they wrote the law mentioning by name all the lowers we couldn't buy.

OLL = refers to 'Off List Lowers', that lots of people bought hoping that they found a loophole, that when these new lowers (Fulton, Stag, JP, others), were added to the list, you'd now be able to register it and have a new, legal AR-15 (etc).

Calif DOJ - has been pretty quiet about it, even though some 30-50K OLL were sold in California in the last year..

2 WEEKS :D Hah, I remember all of those... That was funny. Until I paid $300 for a billet lower :angry:

The next volley in the battle is coming after 1/1/07 from the calguns.net group, not the CA DOJ. Whatever it is, those that know are being VERY tight lipped about it not wanting to tip off the DOJ.

Stay tuned!

Thanks, just wanted to confirm I was liveing in the right place.----------Larry

Did you move to Arizona? lol

Nice place to visit, could be someday. Here for now.----------Larry

Well as a firearm dealer here in the wonderful Simi Valley, in the peoples republic of Kalifornia, Jan 1st has come and gone and nothing has changed. Still selling the OLL and no one is saying a thing :blink:

First, jemaddux, thanks for stepping up to the plate and fighting the good fight. When I return home, I'll buy from you simply 'cause you're willing to do so (and not just OLL receivers).

All that said, it is nice being out of state (although I've only been back in the US for a grand total of 6 months before leaving again). I've acquired a couple of DPMS stripped lowers including one for a LR-308 (still haven't figured out what to do with it.

The sick part is that when I get back from playing Army, I'll be moving back to the Golden State. Why? It's home. With all its faults, it's still home. Luckily, I'll probably be moving to AZ soon enough though.

Rich