Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lasik Eye Surgery

dstroyed

if you are a shooter you are typically advised to not do Lasik

That doesn't sound right. My doctor was former army, did his time doing LASIK for special forces guys.. I think those guys are shooters..

I'd look into that more..

I just had PRK done 4 weeks ago and asked this question. My doctor, Dr. Imperia has done 100,000+ of these and said there was no significant difference or risk between PRK / LASIK.

I went from legally blind (-10.15 / -10.75) to 20/30 in both eyes in 4 weeks. They do say that it takes 3-6 months for the eyes to heal up though.

I'll be getting a light prescription to get back to 20/20 even though I could have it done again for free. My profession requires safety glasses and prefer to have prescription because plastic safety glasses suck.

Total inclusive cost (including follow up) was $4500.00 and most health care plans do not cover a dime.

For me, it was a huge difference. If I was 20/40 or a light prescription to begin with I would not have done it.

• 8 months later...
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had Zyoptix Lasik completed on dec. 20th (10 days ago). Right eye has an extreme improvement at the one week checkup. Left eye had only moderate improvement, but that is more than likely from the swelling,...as it gets blurry once in a while. I had an extreme Astigmatism. one of the highest they have done the procedure on for this local clinic.

Like the people at the clinic said, it can take weeks/months to see complete results.

if you are a shooter you are typically advised to not do Lasik

That doesn't sound right. My doctor was former army, did his time doing LASIK for special forces guys.. I think those guys are shooters..

I'd look into that more..

I just had PRK done 4 weeks ago and asked this question. My doctor, Dr. Imperia has done 100,000+ of these and said there was no significant difference or risk between PRK / LASIK.

I went from legally blind (-10.15 / -10.75) to 20/30 in both eyes in 4 weeks. They do say that it takes 3-6 months for the eyes to heal up though.

I'll be getting a light prescription to get back to 20/20 even though I could have it done again for free. My profession requires safety glasses and prefer to have prescription because plastic safety glasses suck.

Total inclusive cost (including follow up) was $4500.00 and most health care plans do not cover a dime.

For me, it was a huge difference. If I was 20/40 or a light prescription to begin with I would not have done it.

I did it with a fairly light prescription and couldn't be happier.

If I hadn't done it I would probably be wearing tri-focals instead of stylin' shooting glasses and I don't have a restriction on my drivers license now.

FM

Edited because I didn't have my reading glasses on!

Edited by Front Man

• 5 months later...

i just had PRK done on june 4. man has it been ruff. i couldn't work since, eyes have been stinging for 2 days. today is the first day i can drive and really use the computer. i got see the doctor tomorrow to get the bandaid contacts off and to check the progress.

lynn

I had IntraLase Lasik performed at the end of April here in Norway and have been VERY happy with the results. At my checkup 4 weeks after the operation, my left eye was around 115% (20/18?) and my right was 150% (which is around 20/15?)

The operation went ok, painwise. The IntraLase portion was the most uncomfortable/painfull. Got home just as the eyedrops for the pain wore off. Eyes were stinging for 2-3 hours afterwards. Fell asleep and when I woke up the next day, the pain was over and I could go about my daily rutine.

Never had any regrets, other than I should have done it earlier....

I had IntraLase Lasik performed at the end of April here in Norway and have been VERY happy with the results. At my checkup 4 weeks after the operation, my left eye was around 115% (20/18?) and my right was 150% (which is around 20/15?)

The operation went ok, painwise. The IntraLase portion was the most uncomfortable/painfull. Got home just as the eyedrops for the pain wore off. Eyes were stinging for 2-3 hours afterwards. Fell asleep and when I woke up the next day, the pain was over and I could go about my daily rutine.

Never had any regrets, other than I should have done it earlier....

If I could get these results I would have it done tomorrow! :surprise:

Obviously one can't guarantee results, but with an experienced doctor the chances are excellent.

The recovery time is shorter with LASIK than PRK and from I've heard much less painfull. Though in some cases PRK is still the best option.

Untill recently for example PRK was the only procedure approved by USAF. (But now IntraLase LASIK is also approved)

Painwise, you shouldn't fear Lasik.

I still have some halos but havnt been bothered by them. But i felt like I had them before the operation as well so....

I had Wavefront IntraLASIK in December 2005. Best $$$$ I ever spent.

My astigmatism was so bad, I couldn't focus on the front sight, had to switch from B&L Optima FW contacts to Toric lenses, which cost more and breathed less.

The worst part for me was the drive home, as I couldn't fall asleep (had it done in Vancouver, WA, and I live about an hour and half south of there).

Once I got home, popped another Valium and took a short nap, and everything was good.

Took about a month for the haloing to go away at night.

I'm very happy with the results, and would highly recommend my doctor to anyone seeking the same operation.