Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bullet Feeder In Front Sight?

On page 21 of this month's Front Sight there is an ad for a bullet feeder that works with the 650 and 1050.

Does anyone have any knowledge of this one made by Emidio Gaspari? Anyone have/use one on the 650? Do you have to feed bullets into the plastic tube, or is there a hopper that feeds into it automatically?

Price seems great compared to the $500 models you see. Any information appreciated. Thanks.

Edited by nhglyn

That feeder supposedly works ok, but lacks the essential collator needed to get bullets into the tube in the first place, so you have to put them in there manually. Thus not a lot of speed benefit unless you have a collator or low-wage helpers handy. Word is the KISS collator will someday be available separately and could be made to work on these, but I'm guessing the total cost will be comparable to the complete KISS setup.

I have been using one for 2 or 3 years on my 650. They take a little tinkering to get it set up but once that is done it works very well. I went to a plastics supply house and picked up enough extra bullet tubes so I load about 500 before I have to stop and re-fill the tubes. For the price it is nice to have, if you try one use it for several hundred rounds before you pass judgement. I think you will find if you factor in the time to fill the tubes you are still a little faster than without using it, but the real benifit is how smooth and quick it lets you run your press. You can pay closer attention to what is going on instead of paying attention to picking up the next bullet.