Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Saddam Was Executed A Little Before 10pm Eastern!

One down...

At least the Iraqi's aren't assimilating to our messed up way of taking care of criminals. We could learn something there.

It seems the Middle East metes it's justice out much faster. I could go for that in the US. Ensure a fair and accurate trial and if guilty, march them out the back door and take care of business.

Seems cold, but very fair and efficient.

dj

It seems the Middle East metes it's justice out much faster. I could go for that in the US. Ensure a fair and accurate trial and if guilty, march them out the back door and take care of business.

Seems cold, but very fair and efficient.

dj

Yea, I read somewhere that the national avg. time on death row is 10.43 years at an average cost of $144,000 per year...$1,501,920 BEFORE we execute them...just in housing cost NOT to mention the court/trial/lawyer cost!!

Found these cost for Ca...no wonder they have ONLY carried out 13 since 1978!!

$7.4 billion: 2006-07 budget for the California Corrections Department.

$250 million: Average cost of 11 executions in 27 years.

$114 million: Costs of death penalty to taxpayers (annual).

$34,150: Average annual cost of housing an inmate in state prison.

9,000: Average number of pages of court transcripts in capital cases.

645: Inmates on death row.

$200: Cost of lethal injection chemicals.

49: Average age at time of execution.

33: Death Row inmates who died of natural causes.

17.5: Average time spent on Death Row.

13: Inmates executed in California since 1978

Edited by DrawandDuck

I'm thoroughly sick of us housing ghastly, incorrigible criminals and having to PAY for it, dammit! We wouldn't have such a weasly society if we had more teeth in our ways of dealing with truly heinous criminals... or even the mildly heinous ones. The average citizen gets less protection than some of our hard criminals. Don't get me started...! :angry:

Well, and I take comfort in the fact that Hussein's SONS, TOO, are gone. God, they were awful. :ph34r:

I hope...

-for all of the people who've died at that man's hand or because of him in any way that his soul heard the cheering as he died.

-that the people who have suffered, or have loved ones who have suffered or died due to his reign, have some peace knowing he will never again come to power.

If it's inappropriate, delete it.

Liota

P.S. Larry, you're a sick, sick, sick little boy. :)

Edited by Liota