Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

007's Original Pistol

mpeltier

It was not the Walther PPK. I recieved a collection of 007 movies for Christmas and immediately watched Dr. No from 1962. Early on in the movie M asked Bond for his gun and James handed him a Berreta for which he was chastized for using a gun with no stopping power and was unreliable. He was promptly handed a Walther PPK for wich he was instructed its 7.65 caliber hit "Like a brick thru plate glass". I almost fell of the couch with laughter. The Beretta had an open slide and was similar in physical size to the PPK so I would guess that it was a model 70 or something close. Unless it was a .22 caliber to my knowledge they were only available in .32 or .380. Anybody know what gun it was?

M called the Berretta .25 a "Ladies Gun" when he talked about it in Dr. No.

Still have my PPK and a skimpy black leather shoulder holster like JB used (Connery Version).

PPK stands for "Piss Poor Krapp" which is about as good as I have ever been able to shoot that bugger. But I will not let it go, after all, it's James Bonds gun.

A gun is better than no gun ;)

PPK's jam a lot, bite you and are weakly powered. I really didnt care for the HK upgrade in the new movies. I am thinking a carbon fiber Tiki or maybe a real ceramic porcelin Glock.

Brick through Plate Glass? I think my 5 year old nephew can throw a brick through a window so its accurate description of power. :wacko:

Edited by BSeevers