Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

For Those That Have Shot In Tulsa...

Zerwas

What type of ground do they have there? Sand, hard dirt, rocks etc...

Just trying to figure out what type of footwear is needed for next years limited nationals.

I appreciate any input from those that went there last year.

What type of ground do they have there? Sand, hard dirt, rocks etc...

Just trying to figure out what type of footwear is needed for next years limited nationals.

I appreciate any input from those that went there last year.

It's what I'd call crab grass. A mild cleat would be plenty unless it was truly wet. The only places that became worn through to just slippery dirt were the places that had hard entrances or exits (in and out of ports for example).

Its grass, and by next year, it'll be in real nice shape. This year, there were inconsistent spots - some were hard as hell (like where you had to kneel on Stage 17!! :o), and some were soft, some were worn by the end of the weekend (to be expected). IIRC, though, its a Bermuda varietal...

I wore Underarmour Hammers all weekend and had no issues w/ grip...

The roads will be gravelly if Tom hasn't got around to paving them and putting in the moving sidewalks by then ;)

Also note that the berms do face into the sun in the morning. Nothing to do with shoes, but bring different color shades as well.

Also note that the berms do face into the sun in the morning. Nothing to do with shoes, but bring different color shades as well

Great info!! I will do just that.

Is it too early to be thinking about September ALREADY????

Geez, how sick is that. I can't wait.