Matt Cheely

Matt Cheely

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never mind Matt ........ I just saw the picture. :huh:

What is going on with the C-More ???

I picked up one of the "sideways" mounts to try.

It gets the dot really low, not to mention clearing the ejection window. I also have a STI mount in case I don't like it.

Interesting...I have a set like that on my Glock

nyte-sytes.jpg

:D

NICE loads. (In green because I am jealous, only it won't work right now for some reason....tech support!!!.)

As to the plane on the wall, it's a "smokin' Rhino" the venerable F-4, I think a G model.

Now can we talk about my cookie?

I like Open or Limited.....

1-24-07

Practicing for the WIIT. Did an half an hour of draws are reload practice. My apartment is messy or I'd do a little movement. As it is I'd probably kill myself tripping over something. :ph34r:

From my last reload video dirtypool40 pointed out that I look down at my belt when I do the reload. I was actually getting so lazy with my eyes that I was actually letting myself take a nice loooooong blink. I would even catch myself not looking for the sights after I put the mag in the gun, I'd already be trying to find the mag I dropped on the ground. Talk about time to refocus. So here's a video of a draw 1 reload 1 drill. 1st one is a 5 yard target, 2nd is at 10 yards. Both with a 2 second par time.

The Reload Returns

I had to pound into my head that I was going to look at the target, to the magwell, and back. Works pretty good, I might just have to shoot L10 at the WIIT with these loads.

Edited by Matt Cheely

pretty friggin' sweet, it was fast before, now it looks SURE.

I'm not even gonna post my video 'cuz I don't have a way to edit in cool music.

When I have something respectable I'll find someone to send it to who can help...

........hint.

....................hint.

Matt,

Your a bit late on the button. As fast as you are elsewhere, you are going to beat the [exit] mag at some point...which will mean you push it back in with the fresh mag. (you'd already be double stuffing the old mag back in there with the Glock, with it's slower drop)

I like to think of it as my left hand racing against my right hand.

Good points Flex. I'm no TT but when my loads feel good and grooved, there's three things I focus on / remember.

A quick left hand.

A good, solid, EARLY push on the mag release.

A split second "sight picture" of the mag juuusst before it enters the magwell, like seeing the edge or MSH pin, or the red dot you put in there. What ever it is for you.

just my two cents.

Edited by dirtypool40

• 2 weeks later...
which will mean you push it back in with the fresh mag.

Or worse, you bash the s**t out of your left hand on the mag as its coming out... Been there and been doing that, myself, and working on changing my timing to get the thumb on the button more quickly.... ;) You'd like to avoid developing that particular timing issue, trust me... :lol:

Jeeze man, those reloads are sick. I'd drive up there to get a couple of days on the range with you.

Ask and ye shall recieve. I'm all up for lessons! Actually that stand and shoot stuff isn't as easy to teach. Talking to Manny at the Wiit and he said I'm pretty good on the movement portion. I need to take a class from him this year.

BTW, I did end up shooting L10 at the Wiit... B)

Never mind Matt ........ I just saw the picture. :huh:

What is going on with the C-More ???

I picked up one of the "sideways" mounts to try.

It gets the dot really low, not to mention clearing the ejection window. I also have a STI mount in case I don't like it.

That's coming together real nice. Wait 'til you shoot with the "twisted" mount, you're going to like it. Remember, Barry's marketing slogan is, "Hey, 2 Master Class shooter's can't be wrong!". ;)

• 1 month later...

Had my first live fire practice of the year today. Squeezed in about 20-30 minutes before it got too dark. Thinking back, I haven't had any live fire practice in well over 6 months... and I haven't dryfired since I built myself the new limited gun. :ph34r:

Noticed something very interesting while I was out there. I've been shooting all winter, at least one indoor match a month. And the last month the season started up and I've shot 3 outdoor so far, and I've shot all of them very well (good enough to be HOA for the last 5 months straight). Yet tonight it felt like my gun didn't even fit in my hand. Couldn't grip it to save the world, reloads weren't happening, and anything with movement was a disaster. Draws were around 1.0 on a 10yard popper. Typical and not too bad for not practicing. But how come I couldn't do anything else right?

I stopped and thought about it. How come I can show up at a match, stick my gun in the holster and win? Why couldn't I do that in practice?

I couldn't shoot because I was "just" practicing. I shut my brain off :o

So I thought about that movement drill, walked through it like I would a stage at a match, ran it over real good in my head, and flew through it. Wow that felt good.

I forgot how to practice because I hadn't in so long. I tell people you have to practice to shoot a match well. But I had to make myself think it was a match to practice well. Amazing how your attitude towards your shooting can make you go for 0 to 100% simply by thinking about it. I love that. B)