Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ironequalizer

IronEqualizer

4-17-12

Dry fired 15 mins. IDPA Gear.

Session B. Still working on reloads. If I miss or fumble a reload with this gear, 98% of the time it is caused by the grab on the fresh mag not being correct. Things are coming along but I think I should have been working with this gear a little farther out from the match.

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4-19-12

Live fired 100 rnds. IDPA Gear.

Did some experimenting with shooting through a barrel with the IDPA light ESP load. Just in case the opportunity were to arise I wanted to know what to expect. Went through fine at 15yds with the target directly behind the barrel and also with the target a few yards from the barrel. Finished the day with a multi distance drill and it felt like I was really getting timed to the gun. The close target at 3 yds my splits were from .11, at 10 yds .25, and at 18 yds .35. I was very happy with accuracy as well.

4-20-12

Live fired 200 rnds. IDPA Gear.

Session A. Things went pretty well today. I just need to stay in control and everything will be fine. I need to repeat my performance statement before each stage, shoot no faster than what the sights tell me. Go one for one on steel and have good clean trigger pulls and stopped sight pictures on the long hard shots. I took a drive to CAGC to look over tomorrow's stages. Lot of movers, some pretty fast but nothing impossible. Fair amount of hard cover but most is real hard cover so you know when you miss. I am looking forward to the match tomorrow.

4-21-12

Live fired 200 rnds. AL State IDPA Match.

Had a very up and down performance day. I did well on some stages, average on some, and sucked on quite a few. I was definitely not prepared for some of the movers. Swingers, clam shells, up and down targets I can handle, but the long runners straight across the stage I struggled a bit with thinking I really had to rush those shots. There was time I just did not take it. That on top of a jam at the moment that two out and back targets exposed themselves. I didn't even get a shot on them. I racked up 1 procedural for cover also. One reason I do not like IDPA as those calls are always judgemental. I need to practice tight shots more also. It just took me too long to make them. I will be glad to get back to focusing on USPSA but need to hone quite a few IDPA skills.

I finished 4th ESP Expert which was very disappointing to me.

4-28-12

Live fired 300 rnds.

EAGC Steel Match.

150 rnds rimfire, 150 rnds centerfire.

55 guns, I finished HOA in rimfire, and HOA in centerfire.

Headed out to this morning to get some work done on a few guns and just kind of re-grouping after all the past months practices. I have some ideas of some changes I am going work into my practice schedule but have not decided if I am going to start back this week or wait until my work schedule is day shift again. I know I needed a break before I hit a burnout. I just have to decide how I'm going to approach practice this time and how intense it will be.

• 2 weeks later...

5-13-12

Live fired 100 rnds.

EAGC IDPA Match.

42 shooters. HOA for the match.

I tanked one stage that was shot all from a bianchi barricade. Some hard leans. I set the damn thing up and I was slow on it and hit a no shoot in the process. Barricade shooting continues to be a weakness.

I still have not started back practice yet. Still enjoying some time off from the commitment and getting some other things done.