Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Training journal

38supPat

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Notes from video:

Stage 1: a bit slow getting into first position, ground was lucky there and didn't want to slip but might have been overly cautious. First array transitions were a bit slow but the rest of the stage went ok.

Stage 2: everything good up to last shot on star. Knew I had taken a couple extra and played it safe waiting for last plate to stop before shooting it. I had a decent sight picture but was worried about wasting the shot.

Stage 3: left a plate up. I hit it and it moved but these plates are on an arm and act like mini poppers. A normal plate on a stand probably would have dropped but these have to be hit cleaner or they won't pivot down. One minorly flubbed reload only cost me maybe half a second, points were very good and the rest of the stage went ok.

Stage 4: mostly ok, one mag I have doesn't drop free when completely empty so it hung up in gun slightly on second reload. All ok except D on last shot.

Stage 5: first box was good, decent draw and transitions. Flubbed the reload and got a bad grip on gun in second box. Caused inconsistent recoil and had to adjust a bit for every shot. Last position everything was ok but being a lot closer I didn't hold quite high enough and edged a couple shots into hard cover and had to make them up.

Overall a good match for me. Transitions are improving but still need work.

I have a stage strategy question about the door/star stage. Why not engage the close far right paper then the four paper in the left port. Load, then do the remaining far right paper and right port, Load then finish on the star section? As compact as that stage is from a foot work perspective, time wise it would make more sense to eliminate a standing reload.

Edited by CHA-LEE

It crossed our minds and a couple guys did it that way, you'd pretty much have to do a static draw on that target though as it goes away as soon as you move to the left port. Our plan, which worked for one guy but not for me, was that you take the 4 on the left, reload and open the door and take the 4 on the right port reload and take the steel. If you go one for one on the steel all you have to do is take a half step right and take the last two targets for a total of 11 shots. If you have to pick up a shot on the steel then it's a half step with a reload. My time was faster with the pick ups and the reload than the guy before me who shot the steel clean and picked up the two targets without a reload....granted he was shooting limited lol

I'm not familiar with this range. All these close up targets you guys use, where do the bullets go after they hit the IPSC targets? Do they ricochet off floor, walls, and ceiling, and eventually make it to the backstop?

October 31 match @ Aurora

[Classic, Open, Production, Revolver, Standard]

1 Harrison, Pat ON 100.00% 258.2621 Open

2 *** ON 92.94% 240.0320 Revolver

3 *** ON 92.44% 238.7461 Standard

Running an Open major gun and only 8% and 18 points above a Revolver competitor who shot minor at this match. I wonder what does that mean...

Loosing that many points at your level is not acceptable, besides, you had no competition at that match, so nothing really to be proud of. Double action, Karl!

Obviously this is Pat's thread. If you don't have anything positive or constructive to say, move along please......

October 31 match @ Aurora

[Classic, Open, Production, Revolver, Standard]

1 Harrison, Pat ON 100.00% 258.2621 Open

2 *** ON 92.94% 240.0320 Revolver

3 *** ON 92.44% 238.7461 Standard

Running an Open major gun and only 8% and 18 points above a Revolver competitor who shot minor at this match. I wonder what does that mean...

Does IPSC score the overall, or are these individual results? If they allow for scoring overall results, then it appears that some revolver shooter is first loser -- though said revolver shooter seems to have done well enough to beat at least one Standard shooter.....

So -- which one of the three are you? And why bother to hide your name? :P:P