Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cmore Vs Tasco

Andrew Derrick

OKO website: http://www.oktarget.cz

Brownells carry their Weaver model under the Cavalry Arm name.

We broke 2 of them (base weakness), but their customer service direct in Czech Repulblic (spelling ?) is just great: 3 year garanty, replacement. I should receive my new one within a few days: still a weaver model, but apparently with a reinforced base.

Their regular model, that requires a specific mount (see STI web site), seems just fine: no breakage heard.

This sight is just the brightest (even directly aimed at the sun, if you are stupid enough to try )

Andrew

I have just had an OKO mounted to my gun and it looks great.  Much lighter then the PDP5 that I had on it before.  I will be shooting it on the weekend and let you know how it goes if you like.

You going to the Nationals in Melbourne at Easter?  You could see it for yourself there.

Mario

(Edited by Mario at 5:09 pm on Feb. 27, 2002)

Definitely C-more over the tasco. Saw a tasco's dot go out in competition last weekend; never have i seen such a thing with the c-more.  Have never used an OKO - could be the wat to go and SV seemed OK with it on the IMM. Note, they COULD have used a Tasco on the IMM, but did not. Hmmm.

I'm a big fan of the C-More, its been around and it works. However if you are just making the switch to open, you might find it easier to start with a tube. Theres a little more reference for finding the dot, with the C-More, optima or oko, it helps to have a very developed index. Of these the optima is probably better, cuz you can align the sight by looking down the slide.

Pat