Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What Are Your Reloading Habits?

zhunter

I also am a Boy Scout - I think it's a personality thing (compulsive, anal if you like :P ), though loading isn't a chore for me either.

I tend to load a lot in the winter months, and the stock will see me through the next year, unless I switch gears unexpectedly and either change divisions or practice more than expected. Then I'll go on another one or two week jag and load up.

Seems like every time I go to load extra ammo, the 550 pukes on me. Primer bar this, powder feed that...all sorts of problems anymore. Maybe one day I'll actually send it back to Dillon...that is if I ever catch up with enough ammo to survive the wait time. :wacko:

I also am a Boy Scout - I think it's a personality thing (compulsive, anal if you like :P )...

That is the understatement of the century for you Kevin. Remember...I've seen how you store your ammo! ;):lol:

Rich

Hey the twice a week sessions and new medication has helped.

Now the bullets don't always point in the same direction in the box (I promised my therapist I'd try it.... once....).

;)

I'm usually loading late the night before or early the morning of club matches. The only time that changes is during major match season --- where I'll load 100 rounds or so several times each day, until I've built twice the required round count for each major. Those get stacked, and whatever I come back with goes into the local match pile, which typically has me not reloading at all from October to January.....

Reloading is a pain the elbow for me lately, but I start to get worried if I don't have 4000 rounds for each of my competition guns.

Went kind of nuts with .45s and now have nearly 20K of them. Too bad I haven't shot .45 in quite some time.

20000 rounds of 45?

That's roughly 800 lbs of ammo.

My reloading bench would sink right through the floor of my workshop. :blink:

Tls