Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Apocalyto

Just saw it last night. Pretty good action flick with impressive costumes and production. A good one to see on the big screen! Lots of blood and gore, but it fits the story well.

My girlfriend and I were talking about it afterwards. She said that her favorite part was how 'correct' everything looked. Shes studied those cultures so didn't expect the realism. I told her that after watching how brutal the Mayans were my favorite part was knowing the Spanish were going to come and kick thier sacificial asses!!! lol... Close second was the topless Indian chicks...

I have a LONG history of NOT supporting TV shows/films or actors/directors that I don't agree with their political views.

I used to like Mel Gibson's work, but he lost me. I am sure it is a good movie, but I won't pay to see it.

He is now listed with Bill Cosby, Danny Glover, and Jimmy Buffet among others.

Never watched the Cosby Show, or Sienfeld. And Woody Allen is at the top of that list too.

I have a LONG history of NOT supporting TV shows/films or actors/directors that I don't agree with their political views.

I used to like Mel Gibson's work, but he lost me. I am sure it is a good movie, but I won't pay to see it.

Never watched the Cosby Show, or Sienfeld. And Woody Allen is at the top of that list too.

+1 i thought i wrote that :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

But do you watch "The View"?

:P

Just saw it last night. Pretty good action flick with impressive costumes and production. A good one to see on the big screen! Lots of blood and gore, but it fits the story well.

My girlfriend and I were talking about it afterwards. She said that her favorite part was how 'correct' everything looked . . . .

If I remember my CentAm classes right, one inaccurate part was the pit full of bodies.

IIRC, it should have been a boneyard -- something about the jungle alone being an insufficient source of protein to support a civilization like the Maya.

My girlfriend and I were talking about it afterwards. She said that her favorite part was how 'correct' everything looked . . . .

If I remember my CentAm classes right, one inaccurate part was the pit full of bodies.

IIRC, it should have been a boneyard -- something about the jungle alone being an insufficient source of protein to support a civilization like the Maya.

Yeah, she was actually saying that same thing. Don't remember it all. One of her BA's is in CentAm studies. Its way cool to watch a movie like that with someone that really knows the real stuff, but kinda boring too. I'm sure if there were ever a movie about the masters of IPSC she'd go see it with me, but be bored to tears when I tell her all the 'history' of the flick!!! lol...