Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2007 California 3 Gun Championship

Yeah, howzabout some "truthiness" being applied here (thank you Steven Colbert). It isn't a real CA 3gun Championship unless it includes Nocal. If it only held in Local, then call it what it is, the Southern CA 3gun Championship Series.

Yeah, howzabout some "truthiness" being applied here (thank you Steven Colbert). It isn't a real CA 3gun Championship unless it includes Nocal. If it only held in Local, then call it what it is, the Southern CA 3gun Championship Series.

+1 on that Geoff!

Fresno is northern Kalifornia. :lol:

It's like the USPSA Nationals... if you want it at your range you gotta ask (lobby) and be quick about it. The series is usually shot from March to August --- 6 matches. There are limited slots. It looks like they have 6 different clubs this year.

Just curious, what northern ranges are there that are willing and capable (have the humanpower to put it on and have the rifle steel)?

1. Ione would have been cool.

2. Visalia? Do they have the people?

???

How many northern shooters were in the series when the above clubs participated?

If there are two northern shooters and the rest of the 30-40 series participants are from Mid to Southern California... I don't find fault in having the majority of the clubs located more towards the South.

I'm sure if more northern shooters participated in the series this year there will be more northern clubs next year. So come on down! :lol:

If there are two northern shooters and the rest of the 30-40 series participants are from Mid to Southern California... I don't find fault in having the majority of the clubs located more towards the South.

I know 8 for sure possibly 12 plus myself who would attend if they had some in the north, as it is 5-6 of us are traveling south for the match at 5 Dogs in January.

Edited by TMC

They just gotta' change the name ifn' they gonna' hold it all southa' the Mason/Dixon line (that's north of Fresno BTW).

I would host a match at Richmond. We have the rifle steel and 200 yards to use it on. We have 5 more bays in addition to the 200 yard line. I run all three of the long gun/multigun matches we hold each year. One of those could easily be used as the NoCal leg. We use April (reserved for BARC), July and September on the 4th Sunday. The 2007 September match is already designated as a multigun event and could easily become the 7th stop on the series if it was desired. We use USPSA rules and scoring exclusively when I run our matches.

If anyone wants a NoCal series stop in the future, speak up. I am willing to take on the task if there is enough interest. I am already running three events a year anyway, so why not designate one for the CA3G series, it's not really any extra work to speak of.

I have gone to the CA3G series matches when they were held in Ione a few years back and also went to the PSP one in January last year. There are still a few diehards left up here ;-)

BTW, Visalia ain't NoCal either to those of us who live in the north. It's gotta' actually be north of Morro bay to be outa' SoCal to us (South Central CA is SoCal to most folks up here). Interestingly enough, the folks who want to make the far north of CA into the state of Jefferson put their dividing line above Redding. Now those folks are really radical :o

Fresno is northern Kalifornia. :lol:

Actually, there's a place on 99 between Fresno and Madera where ther's a palm tree planed right next to an evergreen tree in the median strip which is the dividing line between southern and northern. I think the latino gangs draw it further down the valley. The people who apreciate a better quality of life draw it much further up the valley.

Depends on the parameter you split the state by. Lattitude would put the line about San Francisco, population would put it somewhere thru Orange County, land mass around Visalia....

George, did you get into SMM?

Georege, did you get into SMM?

Didn't even buy a ticket for the lottery ;-)

Looks like a busy winter for me anyway with work stuff and prep for the Bay Area Rifle Championship I am running at Richmond in April.

• 3 weeks later...

I know 8 for sure possibly 12 plus myself who would attend if they had some in the north, as it is 5-6 of us are traveling south for the match at 5 Dogs in January.

9 for sure ;)