Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Production Gun Grips

oddjob

I saw the thinner aluminum grips for the SP-01 on Angus' web site. I read the rules for Production & the new grips seem to match the "profile" of factory grips from the side. I would add grip tape to the grips. Is it good to go?? Tried the search function, but couldn't find a definitive answer. If anyone knows I figure this crowd would.

http://ghostholster.com/catalog/product_in...products_id=284

I don't think they would be..something about the profile needing to match factory..I took that as thickness too..

the CZ cocobolo grips are pretty thin if you need that..but they are not near as thin or flat as the aluminum grips..

Would you be able to share your e-mail from Amidon. I agree with Viggen and DaG. If it's from the factory, even though it's the custom shop, why would it not be allowed? What am I missing? Does the e-mail from Amidon explain why?

Here is the e-mail. What I missed when I read the rules was the last three words "or size reduction".

HI Ron,

The rules state:

21.6 Aftermarket grips which match the profile of the OFM standard for the approved handgun and/or the application of grip tape or rubber sleeves is permitted. Modifications to grips, other than previously mentioned, not allowed, such as grooves cut to reach mag release or size reduction.

It sounds like these would fall under size reduction and not match the profile of the original grips that came on the gun.

2000 would have to be produced with these grips on them, and the part would have to be offered in their catalog for them to be legal.

Regards,

John Amidon

• 2 weeks later...

What I use on SP-01 is simply the cheap hard plastic CZ-75b grips (matchs profile) and apply grip tape. BTW, I have a template for the frontstrap and over the grips, but you can use Eric Wesselman's backstrap grip tape for Glock if you have an extra laying around.