Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Thieving Morons....

bountyhunter

Especially when thieving morons running internet scams don't even use spell checker.....

the latest scam-du-jour (BTW, I have never had any kind of Bank of America account in my life):

Dear ,

We recently reviewed your account, and suspect that your Bank of America account may have been accessed by an unauthorized third party. Protecting the security of your account is our primary concern. Therefore, as a preventative measure, we have temporarily limited access to sensitive account features.

To restore your online account access, we need you to confirm your account, to do so we need you to follow the link below and proceed to confirm your information:

https://www.bankofamerica.com/cgi-bin/imcpprd. dll/Ctrl.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=yes

Tank you for your patience as we work together to protect your account.

Sincerely,

Bank of America Customer Service

*Important*

Please update your records on or before 48 hours, a failure to update your records will result in a temporal hold on your funds.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bank of America, N.A. Member FDIC. Equal Housing Lender

© 2006 Bank of America Corporation. All rights reserved.

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.0.1) - Cite This Source

tem·po·ral1 /ˈtɛmpərəl, ˈtɛmprəl/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[tem-per-uhl, tem-pruhl] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation

–adjective 1. of or pertaining to time.

2. pertaining to or concerned with the present life or this world; worldly: temporal joys.

3. enduring for a time only; temporary; transitory (opposed to eternal).

Edited by bountyhunter

Tank you for warning us BountyHunter!

Must have been a Freudian slip on the useage of "temporal". With "Helicoper Ben" bravely at the helm of the Fed and printing dollars like no other time in history, the U$ dollar definately meets definition #3. ;)

Go Gold!

Hey, at least it's on the internet and can be ignored.

My grandmother got a form dropped off at her door, it was clearly photocopied from a local cable suppliers letterhead, stating that the number of cable connections she had at the house had to be verified because they were having trouble with interference with aircraft communications and telemetry in the area, and her cable might be causing it! A representative would stop by to inspect the house.

She asked me, since I'm in the cabling business, if it sounded right and shoud she let them inspect. I told her that if they showed up to dial 911 and lock the door.

Hows this for a tie-in...

Last week a cable repairman was at my house replacing my cable modem and my home phone rings. My answering machine picks it up before I could get to it and we both get to listen. It was a recorded messege from a bank in Utah telling me that there was a security breech with my personal account and that I needed to return thier call immediatly! The tone of it sounded so fake we both busted out laughing. The do-not-call lists are useless if the losers that crafted that beauty can work around it!

In terms of just junkmail-spam-annoyances and volume quantity scammy B.S., I note that the spam-catcher program my ISP uses is highly efficient. But just as an example of a dramatic increase in quantity of crap, I saw 366 e-messages over a 48-hour period in the spam-catching quarantine location. This is getting TOTALLY outa hand.

Man, the things people do. :lol:

I was at a club over the weekend. It was the usual dark, loud, and crowded place. I stepped up to the bar and ordered a water for my friend, which cost six dollars by the way :blink: I put a twenty on the table then when the bar keep turned around to get the bottle water, some jerk off next to me had the gall to take my twenty and put a dollar bill there in it's place. i was so stunned and shocked i thought he was joking! :wacko:

I grabbed him by the arm and said, "hey partner!" i will leave out the cuss words....

then he went into his front pocket and pulled out some cash, i took back the twenty and gave him back the one dollar bill. kinda trips me out how people are sometimes. low class scum comes to my mind.