Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Open Glock 34 Barrel

Micah

I'd let him borrow my G34 barrel and comp if he promised not to paint it f*#king blue.

What's wrong with Blue? :rolleyes:

Jerry, post a pic of your gun. Pharaoh Bender needs to see it (if he hasn't yet). B)

Your wish is my command! :)

Blue

P6043191.jpg

Oh my freaking God................ :mellow:

That is the Glock of my dreams! I have the rig for that blaster before I've ever seen it!

Truely a beautiful Glock Jerry. I'll pm you with more questions later.

• 1 month later...

This was my experimental hack job. More testing and trying a bunch of different things.

Jpoint sight, KKM barrel with 2 .156 barrel ports and 5 port SJC comp, 2# home trigger job, high cut trigger guard, finger grooves removed, dawson heavy ICE magwell... not sure what I missed here.

Tightened the extractor tension with a modified SLB. Helps a lot with major9 extraction. Extended ejector as well.

Oh, tungsten guide rod, G34 length trimmed to fit under the comp. It's still a little bit longer than stock. Makes spring changes real easy. Though, the current setup works well with minor or major ammo.

Dec 18 2006, 10:00 PM

Did you give up on the Open Glock Pharaoh ?

Bob Vogel shot one last night at Miamisburg. G17 with an S&J comp, J-Point, and a CR Speed holster. Can you say Lightning Round ? :rolleyes:

Vogel's coming to the Monday stuff? DAMNIT I gotta get my schedual switched around!

Kinda like this?

jpoint1.JPG

jpoint2.JPG

Tim, when you machined the slide to fit the Jpoint did you just take the material off and drill and tap it for the Jpoint screws, or machine posts like Beven does for the Doctors?

Tim,

Are you still shooting that setup with regularity? I'm curious to how your optic is/will hold up to riding the slide. I know there are a few others around that are still doing that (George comes to mind). Looking to get some more feedback.

Did you do any work to the optic to toughen it up at all?

All I shoot is the open glock at matches, so I put a fair amount through it.

John Gangl and Jake Kempton from JP shoot at my club's weekly match, and a few other people use Jpoints with no beefing up. From what he's said, it shouldn't be needed. I guess if I ever run into a problem I'll let you guys know what happens. Right now it's -16 outside here, so I'm not getting much shooting in, until the spring.

I DID have problems with my c-more though. They fixed it and got it back to me quickly(and at no charge), but since I had really only been shooting steel loads through it at that point... I lost a little faith.

I shot once outside when it was so cold that the frame of my glock shrunk and pulled the whole gun so tight it wouldn't function.

Took it apart to see what was wrong and the locking block was stuck in so tight I couldn't pry it out without fear of doing damage.

Since then, I stay inside during the -10 or below days.