Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Open Glock 34 Barrel

Micah

So it's the off season, and after looking at some of these sexified Open Glocks, I've got a bit of an itch to play around with it.

Just for craps and giggles, I am looking for a comped or ported barrel for my G34. Any good suggestions? Prefer comps or ports? What about blondes or brunettes? :D

Might as well get the best of the best, and buy a KKM with a 2 port comp.

Why not spend almost as much money as buying another Production Glock, and practicing some more this Winter ???? :ph34r:;)

*cough* When you put it that way...I really could use a back up gun... :huh:

*cough* When you put it that way...I really could use a back up gun... :huh:

But I thought glocks never puke! :ph34r:

Nah...but ammo can squib, and lets not forget the evils of springs :o

C'mon Matt...you don't get a little gitty shooting a S_I super/supercomp?

I like starting threads because I love it when they drift :D

Anyone see the last episode of Heros? Sylar is creapy! :lol:

...So kkm is the way to go? What about the much less expensive 6 port barrel from Storm Lake? Obviously I woouldn't want to mount a C-MORE on top of it then...

I have a Storm lake 6 port barrel for my 34. I'm not sure that would be the best barrel for major nine. Another guy i know had the same setup and his slide cracked, i think because of the added pressure and blast. On the other hand, Tom Novak builds them with KKM barrels with 5 or 6 ports.

If it were me i'd build it on a 17 with a few ports and a comp.

I have a Storm lake 6 port barrel for my 34. I'm not sure that would be the best barrel for major nine. Another guy i know had the same setup and his slide cracked, i think because of the added pressure and blast. On the other hand, Tom Novak builds them with KKM barrels with 5 or 6 ports.

Thanks for the info kamann. What I'm really looking to do is pick up a drop in barrel to fart around with for now...no need to purchase a dedicated gun for it...yet.

Cracked slide you say? Where on the slide :huh:

Some say a 9mm drop-in KKM (or any drop in) barrel isn't the ticket for major 9 in a glock. The 34 slide is also not a good idea due to cracking. The 17 with a KKM smith fit barrel and SJC major comp is a good way to go. I have a drop-in kkm for the 17 but only shoot 9mm minor loads (135 pf shoots nice). Get a 17 slide with comped barrel and a slide ride optic. just a suggestion

Thanks for the info kamann. What I'm really looking to do is pick up a drop in barrel to fart around with for now...no need to purchase a dedicated gun for it...yet.

Cracked slide you say? Where on the slide :huh:

I'm by no means an expert on the subject, but if i'm not mistaken the 34 slide is thinned out on the inside, and i'm not sure which side that was, but due to the added blast and pressue it can crack over time with major loads. I also remember a thread in the past where John Nagel talked about that.

With that said, my 34 with the ported barrel shoots minor all day long, flatter and faster.

Instead of building a open glock to play with, just steal Chris's when he's not looking :ph34r:

I tried that, I really did, but then there was this whole freaking thing with spears and crap, and I think a giant boulder was chasing me too....

done1.jpg

Couldn't you pick up an old G17 that's been refurbished or somethin? I see them everyonce in a while for less than $400.

Most of those tend to be the 2 pin version, not the 3-pin. That extra pin in the locking block seems mandatory for any Glock running hot loads. (It would likely be easy enough to drill the frame for the extra pin and change the locking block.)

Not sure why everybody is talking about MAJOR / hot loads.

I believe Bender was considering dropping a KKM style barrel (with a comp) into his Production 34 and shooting it.

Like instead of "bang-bang" .......... more like "pew-pew" :rolleyes:

I believe he just wants to goof around with IRON SIGHTED ... Comped .... 9MM guns. If he was serious I would tell him he should buy my old Open Glock 24 from his Master (Sunofva) and play with that, but I don't think he is serious.

Are you ??? :huh:

Archived