Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

A Question For The Glockers

Tolly

Here's the deal, my nephew bought a new G34 about two months ago and is trying to accumulate the needed equipment so that he can start shooting IPSC this coming January with me,(we're both newbies) and he is on a college kid budget(UT Austin) so his dad and I have decided we would buy the rest of his stuff for him for Christmas. Anyway, one of the things I need to get for him is magazines. He only has two right now so I thought I would pick up four or five more for him but I don't really know anything about Glock mags or Glocks for that matter. Pretty much everything I have seen locally is plastic, are they all plastic or are there some higher quality magazines out there for the Glock? Basically what I am asking is, what mags should I buy and where should I get them from to have them in time for Christmas? I found the Blade-Tech Holster and CR belt, now if I can just get the mags and his Dad comes through with the rest of the stuff I will have a shooting buddy. Thanks!

Okay guys, factory mags it is. So, I guess nobody makes metal magazines for these pistols?? Evidently it isn't a problem as I don't here people complaining about Glock magazines. Any suggestions on any other small parts that I might want to pick up for him to have as spares in his range bag?

the later generation mags are metal.........inside. If you do a search you'll find the terms NFML, FML. The earlier generation mags did not have a metal liner inside, all the newer ones do. Do an E-bay search for Glock mags and also gunbroker.com, you'll find plenty of factory Glock mags for sale.

If I messed up on the mag descriptions pleas someone correct me, thanks

He could use new sights, either Heinie or Dawson, some grip tape, and ammo. Lots and lots of ammo. Winchester White box or CCI Blazer will do just fine.

And come on out to Double Tap (www.doubletapranch.com) on January 14th for the match. A lot of good, fun shooters there, and Robert sets up really good stages. You'll have a good time.

Dan

He could use new sights, either Heinie or Dawson, some grip tape, and ammo. Lots and lots of ammo. Winchester White box or CCI Blazer will do just fine.

And come on out to Double Tap (www.doubletapranch.com) on January 14th for the match. A lot of good, fun shooters there, and Robert sets up really good stages. You'll have a good time.

Dan

and by the way: use factory Glock mags!!!

Okay guys, factory mags it is. So, I guess nobody makes metal magazines for these pistols??

Oh...somebody probably makes them. But, buy Glock brand mags only! ;)

And, don't buy ANY 10 rounders. They really don't run well with 10 in them (ought to call them 9 rounders). :(

the later generation mags are metal.........inside. If you do a search you'll find the terms NFML, FML. The earlier generation mags did not have a metal liner inside, all the newer ones do. Do an E-bay search for Glock mags and also gunbroker.com, you'll find plenty of factory Glock mags for sale.

If I messed up on the mag descriptions pleas someone correct me, thanks

Well, all factory Glock mags have some metal inside the polymer tube. The original mag's metal liner only went around three quarters of the way so the magazine swelled when full and would stay in the gun when the mag release was pushed. Newer magazines have metal all the way around the inside and usually drop even when full. There is lots of info on the Glock sites about this along with pictures.