Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Carter's compensator spray

Dennis Loh

To remove those fouling residue inside the comp chamber, you would need to scrap those thing out.

Heard that with this'Carter's comp spray'no more scraping is needed.

Would like to hear from you guys who have used it or there maybe a better way to remove those residue.

I am shooting factory ammo so is mainly copper fouling but I think is all the same.  

I tried Carter's Comp Spray and couldn't use it. The profile of my comp is such that it tends to get splatter on my Cmore lens. The comp spray leaves an oily film which, in my case, redeposits on the sight lens after a few rounds so I only used it once.

Here is a crazy idea from the forum - use AA #9 - I have not tried it myself and you should read the entire thread - very entertaining! (for complete version, look for thread called "Barrel Life" on the 3rd page back on this forum):

>>>I occasionally use AA# 9 to clean out my comp!  About 20 rounds will clean out all the gunk that

likes to collect in the dank, dark corners.  The bang, bang, KABOOM, bang, bang, KABOOM will

also get you some funny looks at the range. Nolan. >>>>

Brownells (www.brownells.com-- alright, who turned off HTML for this forum??) carries Carter's Comp Spray.  I've been using it for a bit after doing a lot of pickin-n-cleanin a while back.  Also I switched to JHPs.

The spray doesn't clean the comp, it just keeps more lead from collecting there.

(Edited by shred at 2:11 pm on Mar. 18, 2002)