Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Para-Ordnance hi-cap in 9X19

Dennis Loh

Friend of mine thinking of going the hi-cap route but due to budget constraint can't afford a STI.

He is thinking of getting a complete std. Para gun in 9X19 and have it fitted with a bushing match barrel and compensator to the slide. We are in Malaysia and he would need to get a gunsmith who is set-up for export.

As for the rest of the bells & whistle we can do it here in Malaysia.

We did think of Caspian but there do not come in complete gun only bits & pieces.

I saw a NIB stainless steel P18 in 9x19 at a gun show in Savannah, GA two weekends ago. Dealer wanted $750 for it with one 10 round mag. Gun was set up from factory with BoMAR copy rear sight, dovetail front, beavertail, etc.

I was tempted but I already have a P14 and a P16.

I shot my sister-in-laws P18 in 9mm at our North Island Champs two years ago for a laugh. Went real well until they started putting targets in places I couldn't see. Other than the fact that you have to shoot minor, in Std/Ltd, you can go real fast as the recoil is non existent and we modified the mags to take 20 and still fit in the Std Class box. The gun was mostly out of the box except for a beavertail safety and an ambi-safety. Trigger has now been polished up to let off clean and tidy at 4lb. Use 115gr JHP at about 1150fps for Std/Ltd, they cycle well and don't kick. I wouldn't put a comp on the pistol, unless you wanted to go to open/major. If you do, I would go to 38Super or Supercomp. The 9mm mags should work with 38Supercomp. I have a Para for NRA and the 9mm mags work real well in 38Super.

Just be real careful with the load length.