Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cz Tactical Sport Mags

ogiebb

hi ive tried seaching the forums and i just cant find the topic on mag capacity on these mags ...i have bought the 17rnd tac sport mags from CZ and the 2.5 mag extensions from taylor freelance and the best i could get is 18rounds only ive been reading from some other topics that you can get 19 or even 20 with them ..alos in one local match i saw someone with a tactical sport that were using the mag extensions in backwards and he says he can get 19 reloadable..is it because of the gun? i am still using the older version cz 75 ipsc...if anyone there can help on this i would really appreciate it..or at least direct me where to get info.....thanks :)

i can't answer your question directly but thought that i would send along this experience. i recently bought a SP-01. it comes with two 19 round magazines. they appear to be standard mags (though i know nothing of CZs as this is my first) with a short magazine extension. To my delight i can get 20 rounds in them and they function fine so far.

i think i've read other links on this forum that talk of CZ mags and capacity issues, but i might be wrong here since i only recently purchased a CZ or paid any attention to them. perhaps a search would turn up some useful information.

i've heard that the mag springs can make a difference in capacity. think extra coils or slightly different wire size or something.

good luck

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?...52&hl=CZ+TS

I don't know if you came across this post? Matt is our resident TS expert and tweaked my TS Mags to run 19. After a while they'll go 20. Also if you do a search for CZ TS on this forum, you'll get a bunch of really great threads.

The TS really is a great gun!!!!!!

Thanks,

Kevin

Amazing !!!! simply amazing!! after reading this post i got my dremel tool and started grinding away i now have 4 20 round mags and 1 mag im still working on because i may be able to squeeze one more or at least try but hey 21+1 might be pushing it a bit ..20+1 is good enough for me ....thanks Guys

I've tried these modifications and have gotten the 20 rounds in but I've not yet had success in them being reliable. I wonder if everyone who has tried the modifications with the newer TS mag and the Taylor Freelance +2.5 basepads are having reliable 20 round mags. When I dropped them down to 19 I've had more consistent performance. I've stopped doing the mods and can still get 19 crammed in there with the +2.5 basepads.

Ogie,

I thought you were using S_Is. Did you sell all your gear?

yep all S_I are gone ...im having Derek build me an Open Gun as of now...all stuff including my press got sold when i moved out of Florida

I've tried these modifications and have gotten the 20 rounds in but I've not yet had success in them being reliable. I wonder if everyone who has tried the modifications with the newer TS mag and the Taylor Freelance +2.5 basepads are having reliable 20 round mags. When I dropped them down to 19 I've had more consistent performance. I've stopped doing the mods and can still get 19 crammed in there with the +2.5 basepads.

will go on a match this Saturday will give info if the mags are reliable...i just cycled them through the gun seems ok ...but well see

• 1 month later...

ok after 3 matches with the mags 3 have kinda reliable 20 rounders ...but as precaution i only load my starting mag 20 rnds.the rest 19..awhile ago i had a problem with one of the mags the lip of the brass is getting caught on the lip of the mag and because of this the round would not continue to go the feedramp and barrel....do i need stronger mag springs? and if i do where can i get some...i have done a search and some people hve had problems with the +10% wolf springs ..something about the width of the mag i think...any help would be greatfully appreciated...

Edited by ogiebb

ok after 3 matches with the mags 3 have kinda reliable 20 rounders ...but as precaution i only load my starting mag 20 rnds.the rest 19..awhile ago i had a problem with one of the mags the lip of the brass is getting caught on the lip of the mag and because of this the round would not continue to go the feedramp and barrel....do i need stronger mag springs? and if i do where can i get some...i have done a search and some people hve had problems with the +10% wolf springs ..something about the width of the mag i think...any help would be greatfully appreciated...

I might be out-of-date, but some folks reported that Wolff was CLUELESS about the TS and Standard IPSC - often selling customers the WRONG mag springs. They seemed to believe that the CZ-75b magazine springs were the same as the mag springs for the Tactical SPorts and CZ-75 Standard IPSC mags. Neither the springs nor the mags are interchangeable.

The internal dimensions of a STI mag and a TS mag are close enough that a Grams spring fits inside. The Grams spring fits the dimensions a lot better than the Wolff Glock +10% that Taylor recommends in the TS with their basepad.

Wolff is clueless about the TS and Standard IPSC, they will send the wrong springs.

Pickles,Carlos i know you guys still have or had these type of mags and gun before where do you get your magsprings for the TS? or do you still use the stock one...currently im running the tac sport mags,new style followers,stock spring and the taylor freelance 2.5 base pads....i went to Angus website and found some springs but they kinda look like the ones for the 75B mags...thanks

Probably will not like to hear this - but I re-temper my original springs per Johnny's instructions uder "Misc" on his web-sit here: www.strictlyIPSC.com (but I also know a stock Glock spring and even the GLock follower will fit).

I got 20 rounds working reliably in the TS mags, but I didn't have a ton of rounds downrange to verify these results. It'd be great if someone took my experiment further and get this info refined. The CZ TS is a great pistol and deserves some US wins.

I used Grams 11 coil springs made for an STI. The top of the spring will require a small amount of bending to allow it to fit the CZ follower. I was using the original CZ follower and my stock mags held 17 rounds. I don't know much about the newer followers than make the mags 16 rounds, I assume this change was made to make the follower less 'tippy'. The Grams spring is nice, because it's manufactured to attach to the follower - unlike stock STI springs where the follower and spring just sorta float together.

The Glock +10% springs didn't work for me, there was tons of side-to-side play - the spring just doesn't fit correctly the inside of the tube. Internally, the CZ mags are very close to STI mags.

The Taylor basepad... isn't a great fit. The front to back slop in the fit causes a stair step to be formed inside the mag tube. This is where 95% of the jams come from, the transition of the follower from inside the basepad to the tube itself. My advice in making the Taylor basepad work is 2-part.

First Taylor tip, the aluminum backplate needs the top portion bent towards the mag tube. This takes the slop out of the fit. Bend the aluminum bit enough to prevent the forward to backward movement of the tube in the basepad.

Second Taylor tip, with the slop out of basepad, it needs to have it's internal dimensions tweaked. The rear corners need to be made 90 degree angles so the follower has enough room to come down into the basepad. Use a square file and get things squared out. The basepad may be ready to go with just this change. The walls of the basepad may need to be slightly beveled to get rid of the staircase effect inside the tube. Be careful during this step, if you remove too much you've created and new stair step inadvertently. Figuring this part out just takes a bit of measuring and live-fire testing. I ruined a couple Taylor basepads, the other two worked well.

I set the feedlips just like an STI: .390" wide.

Probably will not like to hear this - but I re-temper my original springs per Johnny's instructions uder "Misc" on his web-sit here: www.strictlyIPSC.com (but I also know a stock Glock spring and even the GLock follower will fit).

I'm wondering if the teflon Arredondo follower&spring for Tanfoglio's can be massaged to fit the TS to add another round?

Arredondo Tanfoglio follower&spring

I'm wondering if the teflon Arredondo follower&spring for Tanfoglio's can be massaged to fit the TS to add another round?

Arredondo Tanfoglio follower&spring

Iwas thinking the same thing at one point and purchased that same set up, but really just to get the spring. Spring was definitely shorter and stiffer and a little narrower and did not get more rounds with the TS follower (factory or modified) but it did seem to have more push to get the rounds to the top and fed into the barrel. I've thought about trying again and taking some material from the back of that follower to get it to fit.

Not sure, and anyone else please correct me if I'm wrong, I was told that the cpmi pads are not compatible with the larger IPSC Standard/Tactical Sport magazines as these magazines are quite larger than the Tanfoglio/Witness magazines.

Not sure, and anyone else please correct me if I'm wrong, I was told that the cpmi pads are not compatible with the larger IPSC Standard/Tactical Sport magazines as these magazines are quite larger than the Tanfoglio/Witness magazines.

Correct - they won't fit.

BUT - the followers might. Called them a few years back and they were taking names for the next "batch" - never hear d back from them & assume there was not enough interest to make more of these. Am I wrong?

Correct - they won't fit.

BUT - the followers might. Called them a few years back and they were taking names for the next "batch" - never hear d back from them & assume there was not enough interest to make more of these. Am I wrong?

That's what I was afraid of, but had to ask. I guess I should find an idle CNC machine and a block of aluminum...

just called up Ralph Arredondo and he is not sure the eaa follower and spring set up will work ..only way to find out is to get one and see if it will fit with the help of a Dremel tool <_<

I spoke to Martin Kamenicek (top Open shooter of Czech Team CZUB) about this. He wasn't satisfied with the results so far. His modified Arredondo follower would hang up from time to time, though he's using long Open mags, of course.

Can we make it a group effort to persuade Ralph to finally make us some????????? :(

Don't want to (re)start a Tanfoglio-vs-CZ squabble, but the TS may very well be outselling the Witness Limited models at the moment......(are you listening Ralph?)

Edited by SouthpawG26

Do the TF basepads work without tweaking for +2 with teh 17 round TS mag?

you have to do a little dremeling to get 19-20 rounds on them...when i first set up mine it was only holding 18 rounds without dremel work

i hope somebody can make some aluminum base pads for our mags <_< or at least some quick disassemble ones....the TF are great but taking it apart is kinda a pain especially for a guys who are just so used to cleaning their mags after each stage...but my extreme thanks to TF for making some that we can use right now :D:D:D

Do the TF basepads work without tweaking for +2 with teh 17 round TS mag?

you have to do a little dremeling to get 19-20 rounds on them...when i first set up mine it was only holding 18 rounds without dremel work

i hope somebody can make some aluminum base pads for our mags <_< or at least some quick disassemble ones....the TF are great but taking it apart is kinda a pain especially for a guys who are just so used to cleaning their mags after each stage...but my extreme thanks to TF for making some that we can use right now :D:D:D

At one point in speaking with Robin of the Taylor Freelance basepads for the CZ he mentioned that he was planning on making them out of aluminum as it was less expensive to manufacture than the current delrin version. I don't believe he would change the design though as the locking plate with screws is part of the design to keep the basepad in place.

I agree at least he's making them. Right now, I don't believe he has any competition in the US.