Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

G34 Or G35

BigDawg308

This is my first post, so please be gentle. I have read hundreds of posts on this board but I haven't been able to come to the conclusion to my dilemma. I want to start shooting USPSA Production on Tuesday nights at a local range. Also, I'm looking at shooting some larger USPSA matches on the weekends. I will probably compete in Production class.

I really want to get into 3-gun competition for 2007. Will I be at a disadvantage with the G34 at 3-gun matches? I plan on running Tactical Optical for my rifle in 5.56. Do I need a .40 for the pistol or are the pistol stages all scored minor like in Production. I know I can shoot lighter loads in .40 for Production, but I don't reload.

So, G34 or G35?

Merlin, thats the nicest thing you've ever said about me :wub::lol:

Bigdawg, if you are shooting IMGA matches a G34, is a great choice, it is also a great gun for USPSA production. I shoot a 34, for production and like Merlin said, have done well with it. For Uspsa 3 gun matches you wold be at a disadvantage in that your pistol would be scored MINOR, when i shoot USPSA 3 gun I shoot a 40 STI, because I haven't gotten a G35 yet!!!

The G35 will also work well as a production gun, but unless you reload, and can shoot softer loads, it would be a disadvantage, but one that could be overcome with practice (LOTS).

Given your situation, I would say go with the G34, and if you shoot USPSA 3 gun, then put your production skills to use and shoot A's.

hope to see you on the range some time............Trapr

I use a Glock 9mm for all three gun, even USPSA. It's a little disadvantage from a points standpoint. But you can get three more rounds in the magazine. Sometimes not a biggie, but I won one of the pistol only stages at the 05 MG Nationals with my 17. It was a 24 round field course with no where to really reload. I had 24 in the gun to start and it worked great. The three extra rounds gave some added flexibility. As far as IMGA the 34 is perfect.

It honestly is the best solution. G34 for Production/IMGA 3-Gun. G35 for L-10, Limited and USPSA 3-Gun. Too easy. I'm having a G17/G34 built into an Open gun by SJC for IMGA 3-Gun and the occasional GSSF matches (and it's a great excuse to add another pistol to the family.....just gotta get the fiancee one too).

Rich

It honestly is the best solution. G34 for Production/IMGA 3-Gun. G35 for L-10, Limited and USPSA 3-Gun. Too easy. I'm having a G17/G34 built into an Open gun by SJC for IMGA 3-Gun and the occasional GSSF matches (and it's a great excuse to add another pistol to the family.....just gotta get the fiancee one too).

Rich

Luckily SJC is somewhat local to me. I'm probably going to give them my G35 soon to have a little work done on it. My Brownell's order of springs and other parts will be in today. :D