Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Question On Rules

Sestock

I've seen an ammo bag used before but he had to take it with him for the whole stage. As Trapr says most just mono pod and a lot of the time you have a rest provided , such as a tree, sandbag, or rock. Learn to use what is available or just off hand it.

USPSA rules say you are not allowed to do so unless it's a supplied stage prop that everyone has to use. IMG rules say what they want to and most matches may allow the use of a rucksack, but as already mentioned, will typically require it to be drug along the whole way.

Again, as already mentioned, just mono-pod the bugger. Ya' gotta' carry the mag anyway, why not make extra use of it ;-)

Both years I attended, I found limited use for the bipod due to shooting positions and other stuff, but depending on stage layout it may be the best thing to do if you don't have an open pistol to use instead ;-)

Bipods are out for limited and tactical divisions.

But can you use your range bage as a rest on stages that require going prone?

I had been asked this same question at every match. The answer was "Most definitely yes, if it is ATTACHED to the weapon the whole time." :P Mono pod the bad boy and let 'er rip ;)