Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PARA OPEN GUN

MARKUSEJ

I currently have a P16-40 that i have set up for Limited class use. I have been considering having a new top end built for this gun. What kind of barrel/comp will work best with the .40? Also I want to use the Tasco Optima for the red dot, I really like how this will mount just like the Bomar sight. Please feel free to offer any tips or insight on this project.

Good luck with the optima. Tasco is supposed to be bringing it back but it might be hard to get for awhile. Basically you have 2 options, standard comp or a tribrid. My .40 is a standard comp. 5 up 2 each side built by EGW. Mine has a c-more. If you want a slide mounted scope check out the docter optics. They seem to be much more reliable than the optima. It is long and fairly heavy. It all depends on personal preference. Size and strength come into play on the weight of the gun. try a few different ones before making a decision.

I use the Schuemann Tribrid II barrel in .40, 6" mounted in a 5" slide. This setup is easy to build and works very well. You can also use a 6" slide with good results, though recipercating weight is a little more and cycle speeds are a little slower. This might help the Optima/Doctor sight live a little longer.