Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ready Tactical/chris Stewart?

Litespeed

I have been trying to contact Chris Stewart/Ready Tactical for about 6 weeks, via both email and phone to no avail. Phone goes to an answering machine which just says "answer off".

Can anyone shed any light and/or heard from him?

Many thanks......

Edited by Litespeed

• 1 year later...
Try since July of this year.... spoke to him, put in an order...nothing yet.:angry:

Longer than that for me, I got my order to him 2 years ago. Took like 4 or 5 months to get it, but he shorted me some speedloader holders. He's promised to send them to me numerous times, but haven't gotten thru for a reminder for close to a year now.

He's a nice guy, he threw in an extra holster for my son (who was starting) because the order took so long. But I get the feeling we're going to see much from him ...

I used to see Chris on a regular basis at some of the Alabama matches. I thought he was a stand up guy. Haven't seen him for a year. He is a police officer somewhere in AL. He has taken money from a shooting buddy of mine about six months ago and never delivered the goods and can not be found. I do suppose he is keeping Joe stocked at SKD since he is advertising the Ready Tactical pouches in some of the magazines. I would say he is "NOT" Good to Go. Beware of sending money. I hope to run into him again.

Have people been expereincing simialr problems when ordering the products from SKD?

I've bought items from Joe Seuk at SKD for a number of years. If he does not have them in stock, he will let you know.

There is another kydex maker that does a similar mag pouch. AHolster Can't tell about them as I've not purchased from him, but he does return calls and emails!

Edited by vluc

What a shame this is. I met Chris in AL a few years back and fell in love with his mag holders. Enough so that I still use them today with the Milt Sparks holster I carry my blaster in (it's a strange combo of Kydex on one side and leather on the other, but I like them that much). I saw him again at Rangemasters a couple of years later and bought some more of his stuff. Man, he does nice work.

While I have yet to hear anything negative about his craftmanship, I don't think I've ever read anything here about his availability/communications that was even remotely positive.

I'd love to get some backups from him, but I'm scared to place an order. :(

• 2 weeks later...

John is USUALLY a VERY NICE guy, but...I think Chris has it comin', at least in THIS CASE. I know a lil' bit about this "Saga"...as he said, John needed the Kydex stuff for his son's "Shooting Camp" in LA w/Jerry and Kay Miculek, and a coupla' people suggested he use Chris, as his products ARE very good. After being ASSURED by Chris over the 'phone that the product COULD BE delivered "In Time", only THEN did John place his order...Other than the $$$, this story has a "Good Ending", I suppose...John was able to "Beg/Borrow/Steal"--well, not STEAL-- :) --some decent-quality stuff locally, and the Son's trip to "Shootin' Camp" worked out DESPITE Mr. Stewart's NEGLIGENCE. You go get 'em, John!!!....mikey357

Edited by mikey357

John(JetCSA) was the shooting buddy I was speaking of. He is as laid back as they come but also extremely educated. Some folks realize that the pencil is way mightier than the sword. He has definitely been more patient and accomodating with Chris than I would have been. This has definitely gone on long enough and deserves resolution. See you tomorrow John.....hope you've got some good news. $215 is way more than small change.

Chris took my order and cashed a check of mine for $215.00 last April. He promised to have the goods (2 holsters and mag holders) to me by the middle of June for my son to use at shooting camp. He fell off of the radar around the first of June. I have tried calling him dozens of times and reaching him by registered mail. I will be travelling through Harselle, AL tomorrow. If I get to the county courthouse before it closes, I will be visiting the Magistrate Court with a certified letter to Chris that was sent back unopened and my cancelled check. I hope he is still in law enforcement so that I can have his salary garnished.

Chris, if you happen to read this before Monday afternoon, you can still reach me at 770-468-0071 and make arrangements to fulfill your obligation on a "voluntary" basis.

John E. Tucker

If you sent that check via USPS then I would contact the postal inspectors. They take a very dim view of this sort of behavior. I love ready tactical products. I'll be buying more shortly from Joe at SKD. It is a shame that it has gotten this out of hand. IMHO he makes the best Kydex gear around.

Get a comp tac, their products are just as good and youwillactually get communication from their production manager and cust service people on your order status. I have rarely waited more than 5 days for my holster to ship.

I have a ready tactical G21 holster that a buddy bought at KCR a couple years ago and yeah it is good but certainly not worth all the hassle

You can order diretly from comp tac on line or through some distrinuters (gunners alley I think) but really its better to order it diret on the web

I have a G17, XD tactical and 1911 comp tac belt holster and they are all really nicely made,I gave my ready tactical 1911 holster to a buddy who needed a good kydex rig because I liked the comp tac slightly better

I would still get my money back from chris though if i were you

I bought a holster from Alan at A Holster for my XD tactical as well. he is also a very stand up guy. He owns a pawn shop (guns) "Big Al's Pawn" in Greenville TN and is a shooter as well. His XD holster is nice and for a OWB belt holster is a pretty nice carry rig as it rides close to the body. If you prefer a close fitting slim holster these are nice and he seems anxious to stand behind his work.

I Alan at a match wearing a blaze orange 1911 holster that he was wearing to incite interest in his product it was pretty cool. I told him it looked like some kind of shark hunter safety gear holster (funny but neato just the same). So I guess he got me with the marketing ploy.

The comp tac may seem a little faster for me from the draw only because it is a skosh further out from my hip and I reholster a little easer with it. But again this is just me and either hlster is pretty nice.

There are too many reputable people making good gear to have to put up with being swindled by any one entity

Folks, we don't usually let a thread with this many negative vibes about a vendor go on for so long. Speaking only for myself, I hope it's all resolved to everyone's satisfaction in the end.

For whatever reason, Chris isn't here to answer so let's put aside the name-calling (even the clever ones).

Folks, we don't usually let a thread with this many negative vibes about a vendor go on for so long. Speaking only for myself, I hope it's all resolved to everyone's satisfaction in the end.

For whatever reason, Chris isn't here to answer so let's put aside the name-calling (even the clever ones).

Thats been the whole problem......he won't answer.

If he comes on here.....I'll issue a sincere and formal apology.

But who's fault is that?

I do agree though on the name calling.

I have no vested interest on this subject as I use Blackhawk CQC holster and pouches.

I too am among the burned. I'm out around $275.00 I'd purchased from Chris before and I was very impressed with his product. I was so impressed I placed and order for a couple of Holsters and some mag holders. That was the last I heard from him. I called three and four times a day for a few weeks. I'd already waited 4 months at that point. I visited a number of other gun forums and discovered the Chris has left a lot of people high and dry.

It's bad that he never filled our orders, but worse that he kept our money. I've lost all respect for the guy ans consider him just another internet con man. I'd be willing to bet you guys won't be seeing him at any matches. I don; think he can show his face anymore in the competitive shooting arena.

• 4 weeks later...

I bought from him a while back and ended up having his webmaster tell me he'd go see what the deal is. Said he spoke to him a couple of days prior to me calling and everything seemed hunky-dory. He just DOESN'T return phone calls or emails and ships stuff out whenever he is ready.

I forgot how long it took me to get my stuff, somewhere around 2 months, but my card was charged within a day of placing my order. I also ended up filing a complaint with the BBB and Postal Service, so that might be why I got my stuff soon afterwards, I dunno.

Some companies you hear the same complaints over and over again.