Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Single Stack Holsters.

Aircooled6racer

Well it probably won't seem "strange" to you then that there are "some" who think it should be changed in Production also will it?

No..it sure wouldn't. :(

I like your KISS approach for the holsters too. Along with your..."I am concerned about messing with a holster that has been legal for several years now in Production."

Removal of the drop feature, once again gives a legal holster. I realize that there are some older DOH out there that do not have the removable feature, and I regret that. These holsters are legal in other USPSA Divisions.

Gary

Not to hijack the thread --- but only until January 2008 are these holsters legal. Effective with those rules, if the measurement from the gun to the inside of the belt exceeds 1.625 inches, it's bye-bye holster, and if the measurement from the inside of the belt to the inside of the magazine exceeds 1 inch it's bye-bye magpouch.......

My DOH holsters are old enough that they barely pass muster ---- but the new, three piece ones apparently do not. The barely pass muster is a concern for me ---- I load to 132-135 pf for the chrono, I'd prefer a little wiggle room in holster/magpouch placement as well....

Nik, I would be surprised if anyone started measuring individual holsters that did not cause someone's eyebrow to raise as they walked by. I know, if I measured it correctly, my LimCat holster for Open and Limited will pass.

Also there will be a final tweak of the rules before it goes to the printer based on member feed back. If there are specific issues, we need to hear about them as soon as the rulebook is posted.

Gary

Gary,

It does seem really weird to allow the DOH in Production, but not in the provisional SSD ??

Do. Not. Even. Go. There!

Seriously, the DOH is perfect for Production and Production if perfect for the DOH.

Nik, I would be surprised if anyone started measuring individual holsters that did not cause someone's eyebrow to raise as they walked by. I know, if I measured it correctly, my LimCat holster for Open and Limited will pass.

Also there will be a final tweak of the rules before it goes to the printer based on member feed back. If there are specific issues, we need to hear about them as soon as the rulebook is posted.

Gary

Really? We have RO's who bitch about things that aren't even in the rulebook or things which they don't like and then twist rules to cover that thing.

You don't think this will be used by large ego-ed (is this even a word?) RO's?

I don't personally know any large "ego-ed" RO types. I know I teach numerous RO classes each year where I teach the "treat the shooters like you would like to be treated" theory. Much like our children, you don't really know what they do when they are out of your sight.

We have an RO discipline policy to address any RO that strays outside of their RO duties. This includes trying to enforce rules that do not exist, or that are being interpreted incorrectely. This includes things such as additional training, or other methods as may be relevant.

Perhaps you should avail yourself of the opportuinity to help these individuals you speak of to correct their behavior, if there is an actuall issue, by using the tools we have provided to the members.

As to "don't go there", I think that message would have better results if it were sent directly to other members of the BOD and President.

Gary

[Not to hijack the thread --- but only until January 2008 are these holsters legal. Effective with those rules, if the measurement from the gun to the inside of the belt exceeds 1.625 inches, it's bye-bye holster, and if the measurement from the inside of the belt to the inside of the magazine exceeds 1 inch it's bye-bye magpouch.......

My DOH holsters are old enough that they barely pass muster ---- but the new, three piece ones apparently do not. The barely pass muster is a concern for me ---- I load to 132-135 pf for the chrono, I'd prefer a little wiggle room in holster/magpouch placement as well....

Where are these rules? This is terrible, IMO!

I just checked (and can post pictures later, if anyone is curious).

CRSpeed "Versa Pouch" with CZ insert and magazine for an SP01. ILLEGAL (>1" by my measurements).

CRSpeed "VersaPouch" with SS insert (really, one of the other inserts turned vertically) and an 8-round single-stack magazine. ILLEGAL (>1" for sure).

<edit to add (bad) pictures> If this rule is really in the works, I will definately send a letter to my Area Coordinate and copy Mr. Voight. (I'm not talking about the Single Stack DOH issue, but rather this 1" limit that would obsolete CR Speed pouches). Thx

1) Single Stack. This isn't close...

ss.jpg

2) CZ. This is right on the edge, depending on how it's measured...

cz.jpg

Edited by boo radley

The DOH looks like a great holster but with all the issues I went with Safariland, the 560 and the newer type that sits a little higher.

I really like the 560. My draws times out of it are now faster than out of my ghost. This is only because I practice more with my 560, not due to anything else. Once you get used to it the 560 is great. Same with their mag holders. I have seen the others but Safarilanc Single Stack stuff works great for me.

The difference between holster rules is because of the target audience. Allowing the DOH in Production was probably a mistake but there is only one group of shooters to consider who have been operating under one set of rules from the beginning.

The original single-stackers were the 1911 Society, and we did not allow the DOH or similar holsters. Since there were already a few hundred dedicated single-stack shooters who already had more traditional equipment, there is a reason to keep the playing field level without having to buy a new holster. Since we are merging two groups of shooters, unfortunately one group will be slighted at the expense of the other and it was a question of which group was larger: 1911 Society members & past Single Stack Classic competitors, or USPSA-only shooters who already shot a single-stack 1911 using an unconvertable DOH. There was at least the compromise of allowing it in 2006. The direction Single Stack is taking is back to the original IPSC/USPSA game, and at least it is part of USPSA.