Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gm Diet It Really Works

shooterbenedetto

Just lost 10 pounds...Its amazing and really works. this is my 7th. day.

after falling on the stairs last week because i thought i can leap and was still in my high school fit? i failed to leap and fell on the first plat form. This really made me think that

I m over weight. besides, my knee would also give in on me from time to time.

10 lbs is a lot of weight. I will do it again next week.

I hope some of you guys can try this diet and I beleive it can improve you GAME!!!

Not healthy at all. There's no good source of proteins in this little program so you are dumping a ton of muscle and water. Very little if any fat loss. 10 pounds a week is never good and WILL cause a bounce back. 10 pounds per month is more like it.

Rich

1 pound of fat = 3500 calories. You have to cut or use an extra 500 calories a day to accomplish a pound of fat loss per week. Just eat a little less, and exercise a little more and you'll lose weight and stay in good health.

I think Matt is right on, except he forgot to mention what to eat, and what not to eat as well as when. I just lost about 15 lbs in about 2 months. All I did was eat 3 squares with an occasional snack, swam laps in the pool, never ate 4 hours before going to bed, and ran around the house dryfriring! Oh yeah, the big one... NO DESERT after dinner except fruit.

I stayed away from fatty or fried foods (my weakness) and cut down on the pasta/dairy. no milkshakes or fast food. I was living off tuna/turkey wraps/burgers, and grilled chicken breasts, rice and greens. Fish, salad, and rice gave me enough energy to swim in the pool or fire off 3-500 rds. I still have a slight belly, but my face is thinner, no double chin, and I feel lighter. now if i could just quit smoking. oh yeah.. NO BEER will drop the weight right off you. drink a lot of water, and dont believe carbs are the enemy. If you want to last through the diet, you'll have to eat bread on occasion to keep from going nuts. just dont add preserves or butter to it. Food will be bland at first and the lust for food will deplete, but you will get used to it if you stick to your guns. LEO, stay off the coffee/doughnuts and you will lose weight faster than you can imagine. I went from 218 to 202 quicker than I thought. If I can get down to 190, look out Ladies! Once the fat is gone, Its time for real excercise. Cardio like running/cycling will drop weight, but doing dead lifts, push ups, crunches, pull ups, benches, and curls will bulk you up fast when the fatty weight is lost

Another easy way to lose weight is to try and keep your three meals a day under about 600 calories on average.

Breakfast is easy: 150 calories of oatmeal + 80 cals of juice.

Lunch: Salad with dressing, about 200 calories. plus bread, 150. Maybe 100 cals of meat. 80 Cals of juice. Maybe 150 cals of raisins as a treat for how good you were at breakfast. ;)

Dinner: Maybe you slip and eat 600 to 800 calories.

Workout: Even just walking for 90 minutes is minus 300 to 400 calories.

You can still even have a snack at night (I like bread or popcorn) and run about a 500 to 1000 calorie deficit to lose weight.

No candy. No soda. No beer. No fast food. No junk food. Once you start eating that crap again, you're hosed. There's just no such thing as a "little bit." Also, all that stuff on the supermarket shelf that's billed as "health food." It ain't. Yogurt has so much sugar in it now that you'd be about as well off eating a Milky Way. Same goes for granola bars.

A good rule of thumb is to avoid any substance containing high fructose corn syrup as an ingredient. This includes salad dressings.

A good way to eat less while not feeling hungry is to eat lots of small meals throughout the day. Back in my cycling days when I was trying to lose weight I'd eat a granola bar almost every 2 hours along with a salad for lunch and a decent dinner. Keep the fat off your plate and that will lose you some serious weight. The 200+ miles of riding every week didn't hurt either...

As an employee of the General I can tell you guys that that has nothing to do with us

I've never seen it and guarantee the no one in the company would back something that wreckless.

I'm also a an employee of GM, and after a search of our health and fitness resource websites, Lifesteps, etc. nothing turns up this diet, and I've never heard of it. False advertising.

But I bet you do lose weight. Just not the right way. <_<

that whole thing sounds like a joke to me.

how'd you like to be on the assembly line next to the guy who ate 10 servings of this mixture the day before :ph34r: :

GENERAL MOTORS WONDER SOUP

The following soup is intended as a supplement to your diet. It can be eaten any time of the day in virtually unlimited quantities. You are encouraged to drink large quantities of this soup.

23 oz water

06 large onions

02 green peppers

03 whole tomatoes

1 cabbage

1 bunch celery - add herbs and seasoning as desired.

• 2 weeks later...
Just lost 10 pounds...Its amazing and really works. this is my 7th. day.

after falling on the stairs last week because i thought i can leap and was still in my high school fit? i failed to leap and fell on the first plat form. This really made me think that

I m over weight. besides, my knee would also give in on me from time to time.

10 lbs is a lot of weight. I will do it again next week.

I hope some of you guys can try this diet and I beleive it can improve you GAME!!!

I thought you meant "grandmaster" diet. I'm sure that diet would be heavily critisized (and obviously has been) ... but if it makes you feel better then go for it. At the very least it may help you to clean out your pipes. Ever heard of "colon blow" cereal? Maybe that's where some of that weight loss is coming from.

• 4 months later...

Odd, I started shooting because, well, it's fun or seemed like it would be and ended up so. Then I start looking around on the web, looking for information. Surprise, lots of information and forums! So, I get to those, and start expanding my horizons beyond shooting, and into reloading, rinse and repeat some of the above. And guess what, there is more. Now the health issue.

Either I've gotten in over my head, or how I believe it, I'm on the right track. After reading the hydration issue (news to me) then dropping here, things are adding up.

I also wanted to bring some of that hydration information here. I know I am not drinking enough, so I have just now decided (and done so) to set a timer to ding every hour so, at which time I will take a sip (1/2 cup, give or take) on top of trying to drink more anyway. Which, according to that thread, may boost my endurance, which will help with this thread, losing weight. Plus, my belief is, it will also cut down on hunger a bit.

What was that t.v. show a few years back, about connections? A Monty Python troop actor did a or the series, might have been done elsewhere as well, dunno. But it looks like things really do come together in the oddest fashion.

• 1 month later...

For me, if I can quit eating late at night that helps a lot. With my schedule though, far too often we're eating supper (or dinner) sometime between 8 and 10 pm. What I've started doing is eating whatever I can grab quickly, even if it's a Milky Way and water around 6, and I find that I don't eat nearly as much at suppertime.

But I will give up my beer when they pry it from my cold, dead hands! lol I have switched to Miller Lite, though.