Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

From The Xd In Production To A Glock In Limited?

Jman

Starting to second guess my logic. My gun of choice since '04 has been the XD 40 Tactical. Use it for both production and some L10. It's a great gun for either division. I've decided before I die to shoot Limited. After some contemplation my XD does not appear to have the 'bones' of a limited gun. It's close, but that ain't good enough. The Glock 35 on the other hand does, at least in my opinion. I can buy a used 35 for a prayer from an acquaintance. My dilemma is this. Glocks with extended mag bases offer 20+1. The XD and the new Novak (coming soon?) extension offer 16+1. Everyone sells Glock parts. No one sells XD parts comparatively. The thought of making a single reload on a 33 round stage is, well, attractive. Does this change in platform make sense to you?

Jim

Edited by JimmyM

I shot a 35 in limited and a 34 in IDPA. easy to get parts for and to work on. It seems that Springfield will not sell parts to you if you need them. Glock wants to only sell to cert. armorers but so many people have there stuff it was never a problem. The mag capacity is a hugh issue. 20t1 is the way to go otherwise the 45 would still be the gun of choice in limited.

I am in NO way a Glock fan!!!!

I love my XD for the purpose I bought it, and that is to carry.

But, the XD is not a Limited Gun, not in any way shape or form.

Unless you have the mag capacity to play limited, you are just going to frustrate yourself.

BTW, the ONLY reason I don't care for a Glock is the grip angle. It is a personal thing, Glock is a GREAT platform, and a proven winner in USPSA

But, the XD is not a Limited Gun, not in any way shape or form.

Unless you have the mag capacity to play limited, you are just going to frustrate yourself.

Where's Glen when something prophetic is said by someone who knows ??? :rolleyes:

Was that profound, or are ya makin' fun of little ole' me? :unsure:

Makes TOTAL sense. I've shot a G35 in LTD for a little over a year now, and it ROCKS!. Much easier to find spare parts or aftermarket accessories for, too.

Kick it up a notch if you are ready to ROCK! B)

+1. If you can obtain a G35 for a prayer, go forth and PRAY! You won't regret it...although when you upclass, you might ;)

I don't see how Novak is going to get 16+1 in the .40 maybe 15 +1.

I do XD's every day and it is not the best choice for limited IMO. If/when they make the .40 on the .45 frame, then you will have an XD to shoot limited in.

Until then, the G35 is the cheap way to go.

I bought the 35 this afternoon. Basically in unfired condition. 3rd gen. built in '98.

Here is the kicker. Included in the box is a threaded KKM barrel and a two port compensator! It too appears unfired. :)