Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Who Makes The Best Video For Ipsc Beginners?

Tolly

Okay guys, who puts out the best video for someone wanting to get started in IPSC shooting? Say this is someone who is familiar with firearms and shot all of their life but they have just never played the pistol games. What would be a good video that covers the basics as far as technique and so forth. Any recommendations would be appreciated. Also, where could someone purchase such videos.

Burkett's definitely the best initial video, volumes 1-3. The big gaps I experienced when starting were grip, stance, grip, mag changes, grip, thinking through a stage, and grip. Once he gets these seven things down, then there are a host of other videos that will help him start to move up the ranks.

H.

Matt's 1-3 break things down well.

What shows things best from an overall perspective, although not an instructional video, is Shooter Ready, done by Rob Leatham quite a few years ago. It's all there and even now is worth watching. But Matt's does break it down.

Edited by Viggen

+10 with the Burkett vids and you can check out Google for USPSA vids as well.

The USPSA video is" USPSA New Shooter's Class" featuring Eric Lund and "This is the USPSA". Both are produced and narriated by Jim Scoutten of Shooting USA. Your local club should have it. As I understand, they can cut copies.

I have a copy of that video and it is pretty good. I have tried to upload it to google but no luck so far. <_<

Thanks everyone. I am going to try to attend a local match here in my hometown at Double Tap Ranch Tomorrow and join up while I am there. I will ask about the IPSC video while I am at it and I have already ordered Matt's videos. I can't wait to get started, Lord knows I have been accumulating equipment for over a year now!