Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ok, Got A 25-2!

Nemo

Nemo......Sam Carmoney shoots a 25-2, albeit one worked over by Dremel Carmoney. DG Smith (Dennis) shoots a 25-2, and pretty well at that. The longer sight radius can be a big aid. Barrel was made from a one piece forging hogged out to leave that ramp and sight. Could be shortened by SDM and Weigand for about $130. S&W recently bench tested my 625 modified for short barrel and cylinder and a new 25-2 #N733549. The 25-2 was one very small and ragged hole with 230 jacketed. The 625 had 6 close but distinct holes. As the Smith at Smith said this 25-2 is one of the good ones. I agree with you on the wide grooved trigger. Not user friendly. Pull, replace and save or sell.

Glenn

Nemo....I forgot to add. The last time I talked with Scott Mulkerin of SDM, he had numerous take off 625 barrels, from his building custom revolvers, and he adds the Weigand ramp if you want it (extra $$). His price was substantially less than a new part from S&W.

GT

Thanks for the info Glenn!

I shot the 25-2 last Saturday, before heading south (waaaaay south, I'm in Puerto Rico) and gotta admit it is one accurate revo. Maybe I can take the 25-2 barrel and put it in my Randy 625. Decisions, decisions...

I'm not putting away my Apex 625 to shoot the 25. I want a 4" revo to play IDPA once a month and to serve as backup to the Apex gun.

I don't know what I'm going to do yet, but hacking the old 45 to turn it into a 4" gun is looking less and less like an option. I have a couple of prospective local deals and Angryreb and Hop have expressed their interest to trade.

It looks like the damsel will end up in someone else's hands.

Nemo you'll have two regrets 1. selling the 25-2 and 2. putting away the Randy Lee 625. You're lucky to have two nice wheelies. Keep and use them. Perfect for IPSC and ICORE.

Go buy a 4" 625 they are abundant but you really should keep the 25-2. I'd suggest shooting a 1911 in IDPA and use the money for a new gun to have Randy work over the 25-2.

What ever you do don't cut it. These are getting tougher and tougher to find.

PS If you do sell it check the Classifieds, one just sold in less than a day.

Edited by rwmagnus

STOP THE PRESS!

I've decided to keep the 25-2. Learning to use the 42 years of learning how to listen.

Don't worry, we'll make each other very happy.

Edited by Nemo