Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

627 Trouble

keeper

A little help from the forum. I just picked up a 627 pc from a guy who monkeyed with the action and ruined it, He let me know up front that he did it, and sold me the revolver cheep.I shoot a 625 for comp. and love it I would like to get this 627 up and running. It will not be used for comp. I'll most likley hunt with it. so a full blown action job will not be necessary. I just want it safe and up to performance center standards (what ever that might be) Should i send it back to smith? or are there others out there doing revo. work that will do a better job for the same money. Thanks for the help

If you can find a local guy who knows S&W revolvers, that'd be my first choice. Plan B would be the factory - after all, it's probably just parts replacement and fitting, and they don't have to send out for the parts. ;) S&W factory smithing prices are very reasonable.

Unfortunally i live in the middel of no where, Adarondacks of northern NY so i think a trip back to S&W will be the next step.......... Thanks all

I;m right down the road from you...outside Ballston Spa...work in Albany....been through Smith school twice....will help you out anytime for free....518-248-3769...Dale

Thanks Mike...looking fwd. to meeting you all at the York match....mavbe you guys can stop off for dinner or whatever on you way to the Vt. match .

And for my neighbor up north there...I do drive down to Smith & wesson either on the second or forth thurs. of the month, or the last sat, ( or all) in the month for the IDPA shoots. So if i can't handle it you can ride along for free and we'll drop it off at the door..!! how's that for service.!