Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ced Millennium Chrono

Mine works well too. I use the Infrared screens often, when the sun is low, or if there are scattered clouds. It keeps errors from coming in through those variables. I would not buy one without 'em... Don't forget the Battery!

Carl

I've been happy with mine. So happy that after I bought mine and shot Area 1 I picked another one from the prize table that came with the infared skyscreens and battery.

I always use the infared skyscreens. If it's good enough for USPSA, it's good enough for me.

Mine works well too. I use the Infrared screens often, when the sun is low, or if there are scattered clouds. It keeps errors from coming in through those variables. I would not buy one without 'em... Don't forget the Battery!

Carl

Which reminds me of my only complaint. The battery charger doesn't tell you when the unit is fully charged. Small complaint.

• 4 weeks later...

the indoor range i go to has an assortment of lights. at first i thought it was the flood lights causing the IR not to pick up the shots. So i made a cardboard shroud that covered the top and the side. it helped some of the time. then i noticed the light behind me was fluorescent. i taped a target in the front along with the shroud and VOILA!! readings 99.9% of the time. depending on your lighting situation, you might need to cover the back sensor with a target too. YMMV

the indoor range i go to has an assortment of lights. at first i thought it was the flood lights causing the IR not to pick up the shots. So i made a cardboard shroud that covered the top and the side. it helped some of the time. then i noticed the light behind me was fluorescent. i taped a target in the front along with the shroud and VOILA!! readings 99.9% of the time. depending on your lighting situation, you might need to cover the back sensor with a target too. YMMV

Can you post a picture of your solution?