Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pssd Draw Time From Legal Holster @ 7 Yards

zhunter

I hit .89 on a goofy version of a Bill Drill my club likes to shoot. 6 shots into the 0 of an IDPA target retreating from arm's length. All hits in the 0 for a 1.96 sec time. I am not sure why they like that drill, I guess they feel like Tom in Collateral.

OK, Dirtypool and I did some practice today:

We were at 10 yeards NOT 7, but here goes:

Zhunter:

best draw, 1.07

Best reload, 1.31

Average draw was about 1.25

Ditrypool, BTW, he needs to be tested for steriods!!!!

Best Draw: 0.76

Best Reload: 1.07

DP was averaging .90 on the draw!!!

Like I said , he needs to be tested for performance enhancing drugs!!!!!

I had a blast today Jay, you soooo got me motivated to get off my ass and get back practicing.

Jay also won't tell you (because it WAS a miss) that I had a fastest ever SSD reload for me today, a .97 I called just over the left shoulder. I wanted to break 1.00 legit, but there was a guy waiting (none too patiently) for the bay, and we were just horsing around after our practice session. I haven't dry fired or worked SSD gear seriously since I shot my SS in LIMITED almost six YEARS ago as a "B", so it's time for a new goal..... breaking the 1.0 for a SSD reload....with the hit.

It has been hard to take the time off, but it has made me hungry. I put up better numbers than I deserved to today, mostly from the pure joy of being back out at the range.

The other stat which doesn't count in this thread, was I tied a best ever load with my high cap gear, and actually set a new fastest with the 140 mags. I'm not known as a speedy guy, and I honestly have not touched a gun in practice since before the sectional (2 months?) but Jay had me scared, and fired up all at the same time. After some warm up and rough times, I went .72 draw, .76 reload. That load ties my all time best with "standard" gear when I WAS really working and dry firing, so hey...you never know, sun shines on a dog's ass once in a while. :rolleyes:

Never tried all out with PSSD gear, but with a Limited gun out of Kydex I can go low to mid .80's fairly easily, best ever was mid .70's from just 4 or 5 yards. Fastest ever in a match was an .88 on a 3 or 4 yard target. Best reload I have ever known the time from was in a match and was a .95. You guys pulling high .60's and low .70's blow my mind, both on the draw AND the reload.........

That is just INSANE fast!!!!!!

yeah, those times were Limited gear out of DOH kydex. I could not get a good grab on the SS mags using his gear. In Limited I set up so my mags are still in a "standard legal" position, so it's not much of a switch to SSD, but his gear was just really different than I am used to. Still, B) I'm not bitching about those times, those are good times for me when I am well practiced....

By the way, ZHunter is looking GOOOD!! HE had a one on one with Manny and while he was always too fast to be a "B", now he.....hits stuff!!! Watch for an "A" card soon and an "M" right behind it. Only because I have Voigt's email and I am not going to get beat for long by a friggin' "B-bagger" FLorida is full of them!!!

Eric, I am a Solid "B"!!!!

About 67% I think!!!!

My card proves it!!!!

But, I am workin' like mad to get to were I wanna be, and it ain't a "B" card!!!

After the lesson with Manny on Monday, I have changed my shooting goals.