Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Radians

dirtypool40

Like a lot of Enos folks I have discovered the joy of less expensive but full function and feature electronic ears from Radians.

Now, somehow, I got their catalog and I'm seeing some small IN EAR models.

Anyone used these and have something to report?

Is the Enhance-Ear a protector or just an amp?

Would the TAC-ear work for a matches?

I've got the EnhancEar and they work pretty well. Not good enough for an open gun, but good enough for single stack. I think they're about NRR 21. They clip the sound so I can't hear the steel ring.

Is there a hearing protection system that will let me hear the clang of a Steel Challenge target, shooting open, and still protect my ears?

My dad and I both had Radians Pro Amps electronic muffs. I like the electronics very much. But both of ours went bad after a year or two, possibly from sweat messing up the electronics. I bought another set and they broke in the middle the first time I put them on.

If the piece that goes over the head was made of metal, I'd drive to the store and buy another set today.

I got a set of the in ear Radians. and with lost of adjusting I almost go the sqweek out. If you want to know what [Tinitist} is like just put a pair of them in your ears.

I would not shoot any thing with a comp on it with just the radians.

I tryed the muffs over them but that seamed silly and the feed back sqeek was worst

I only paid $30 on ebay but I think that was too much

I already know what tinitus is. Darn pesky M60 2 ft. from my head. Anyway the new design Radian Pro Amps are as good as any muff available. I have used a set for the last 3 years. The new model uses a padded head band. The only downside to them is the little wind filters will come off if you don't glue them in place. I also have a set of the Maximus muffs. Nice but too large for my tastes.

My two favorite muffs are the Pro Amp and the Pro Ears Predator 300. The 300 costs twice as much as the Pro Amp. I find myself always reaching for the Radians.