Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sti Contingency Program

Anyone doing this, is it worth it if so let me know I shoot alot of area and state matches. What im really looking for is some info on the rules sti's web page is lacking. If you are in the program let me here from ya. Thanks for the info

Man YES!!! ITS FREE to enter. All you have to do is shoot a STI and wear the Red, white, and Black STI shirt. Enclosed is is the 2007 entry form, just fill it out and mail it in. My buddy Bryan R. has won $350 at Area 6, $350 at Area 4 and $250 at Ga State...Thats $950 for wearing a SHIRT...Pretty dang good....

Also, Don is great to deal with!!

STI_2007_Contingency_Form.pdf

Double check with Don Kimball at STI but from what I understand for the 2007 requirements, the shirt needs to be black, white, and red with the logo displayed "prominently" on a custom shirt.

Edited by carinab

Question:

1. Do you have to wear a STI shirt or can you still wear a custom-made shirt(i. e., Techwear) with STI logo?

2. If custom shirt allowed, anybody know where to find the specs?

Thanks in advance!

The requirements are that the STI must be either the largest logo on the shirt or equally in size to any/all other logos. Color information is below in Carina's reply

Double check with Don Kimball at STI but from what I understand for the 2007 requirements, the shirt needs to be black, white, and red with the logo displayed "prominently" on a custom shirt.

Carina is correct. Starting in 2007, you must be wearing one of the STI shirts or any other shirt that has the Red, Black and White colors of STI. When this was announced in 2005, STI stated that could purchase shirts and have your logos applied by third party.

Kenny

Where'd you hear that? I won $$ for winning Area 8.

Right on the bottom of their 2007 Contingency Program Policy

"FURTHER CHANGES FOR 2007 - STI WILL NOT pay contingency awards for Limited 10. If Single Stack is a recognized division - we will pay the winner of each class, if he or she has met all the requirements."

So....STI doesn't want to recognize a USPSA recognized division...but they will recognize a provisional division....yeah..that makes sense. :ph34r:

Edited by SteveZ

• 2 weeks later...
"FURTHER CHANGES FOR 2007 - STI WILL NOT pay contingency awards for Limited 10. If Single Stack is a recognized division - we will pay the winner of each class, if he or she has met all the requirements."

So....STI doesn't want to recognize a USPSA recognized division...but they will recognize a provisional division....yeah..that makes sense

This seems to have vanished from their policy.

It now states that STI WILL NOT recognize Single Stack if it is a provisional division, but WILL recognize it if it is a recognized division.

Also nothing specific about L-10.

Edited by CHRIS KEEN

Well they had better make their mind up. Might affect what division I shoot this year...

provisional class....provisional CLASS...what the heck is a provisional CLASS? Oh...yeah they mean DIVISION! :rolleyes: I think they're suffering from MV syndrome. ;)

The only way SS becomes non-provisional is if the BOD suddenly declares it so...or 2 years pass and it meets the minimum requirement for participation.