Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

-2 And Supposed To Shoot

SA Friday

It was -2 this morning and there was a match today. Many went, I did not. That's just too damn cold when I shoot every weekend. The thing that sucks though was it was one of our qualifying matches for a nationals slot. I guess I'm just a wuss :P .

It was -2 this morning and there was a match today. Many went, I did not. That's just too damn cold when I shoot every weekend. The thing that sucks though was it was one of our qualifying matches for a nationals slot. I guess I'm just a wuss :P .

You guys missed out...didn't even need a coat or gloves by the time we started the second stage.

Come talk to me when you shoot a match in a heated indoor range and it is still -10 inside!!!

I believe we have a winner in the "Cold Pissing Contest"!

The next time I find myself complaining about being cold, I'll think about your post and be thankful ;)

I shot an indoor match in Wales a few years ago (before the ban). It was snowing outside and they had ventilation system that sucked in clean air. This thing was slinging snow into the range... :o

I also did not shoot the qualifier in Aurora. The trouble round here is that sometimes it warms up and sometimes it doesn't.

I went to the gym instead, had a nice cup of tea and a muffin in a warm coffee shop, then went to see the Nativity Story then back to the gym for a protein packed smoothie while oggling some hot looking women while they work out... I had a great day.

Of course I won't get a slot to Nationals next year, have to rely on the old wait-list, but at least I'm toasty warm. ;)

Come talk to me when you shoot a match in a heated indoor range and it is still -10 inside!!!

I believe we have a winner in the "Cold Pissing Contest"!

The next time I find myself complaining about being cold, I'll think about your post and be thankful ;)

Oh believe me I hate it here! I want to get stationed in Arizona, and have sweat coming out of my gun for crying out loud!. Alaska is a great place to visit but not to live. It wasn't so bad yesterday at 35 outside temp maybe 55-60 indoor, but it has been really cold lately and the indoor range gets downright cold! :Dcold.gif

KOL:

Would have sent this thru XDtalk, but as you know....

You ever have problems with the mags on your XD not falling free, purely due to cold?

At the match yesterday, I had to rip, and I mean rip, the mags out. They've never had any trouble dropping out before, but it was F**king cold out.

Ran all 6 mags and they all had this hppening, even full!

KOL:

You ever have problems with the mags on your XD not falling free, purely due to cold?

At the match yesterday, I had to rip, and I mean rip, the mags out. They've never had any trouble dropping out before, but it was F**king cold out.

I have only had 2 problems I could assocciate with the cold. I was using the wrong grade of oil for -18 (the gun started to gum up) and the heat from my hands cause frost to form on the gun. I have never had anyproblems with mags in the cold. My Glock had some problems but a little BW Armadillo solved that one.

Edited by theknightoflight

KOL:

I have only had 2 problems I could assocciate with the cold. I was using the wrong grade of oil for -18 (the gun started to gum up) and the heat from my hands cause frost to form on the gun. I have never had anyproblems with mags in the cold. My Glock had some problems but a little BW Armadillo solved that one.

Huh.

I just checked each magazine.

Inside and warm; each magazine ejects cleanly and smoothly, empty or full.

I wonder why it was doing that while cold?