Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Plastic Holster For 625 W/5" Barrel

RePete

Bladetech makes the DOH holster for 5" N frame Smiths. In general the DOH isn't IDPA legal but the current production versions can be converted into belt holsters that is IDPA legal without much trouble. So they're a 2 for one, belt holster and dropped offset holster in 1 purchase.

Blkbrd is right though, IDPA doesn't allow revolver barrels over 4" though, so the above stuff doesn't matter much.

In Canada a 4" or less is prohib, unless you are grandfathered for 12(6). I am.

There is an exemption for barrel lengths here.

I have just bought a newsed 625 in 5" because people who have the 4"'ers are hanging onto them.

I also remembered Side Armor too, but have to check the rule book to se if it's acceptable.

I was just looking at the DOH, but they have a offset away from the body which doesn't make them kosher, but the belt holster is OK.

Thanks.

RePete.

RePete, we have the Blade Tech holsters in stock for the 5" 625. As mentioned above you can get the DOH holster for ICORE and remove the DOH piece for IDPA, or you can get it with just the belt loop. Same price either way. The Stingray belt loop seems to be a little more stable than the Tek-Lok.

Archived