Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How Many Of You Use The Service Over The Tactical Xd?

steel1212

I was doing some drawing drills the other day and it seems I draw and move my service a little better than my tactical? They are both .40s and I was thinking of putting some Dawsons on the service and dropping it on my tacticals frame, to save a trigger job, and see how I like that? I know LTS runs a 9mm service anybody else? Reasons if you do? I mean being .40 and all would it hurt me on those long shots like 30 yards or so? I'm also going to try my production loads that my tactical didn't like with the stock spring and see if the service's lighter slide will work with them any better.

+1

I see lots of people shooting the Service model in Production.

The main reason I'm shooting Tacs over the 4" is for recoil management. I can get back to a sight picture faster with more barrel up front.

I switch from the 4" to the 5". I prefer the tactical, mostly the longer sight picture.

I have both the 4" and 5" models in 9mm. I shoot the 5" in Production and it works very well for me.The 5" model I have is running with a 13lb recoil spring in it without any problems. I can't imagine a softer shooting gun than one set up like this.

I have both the 4" and 5" models in 9mm. I shoot the 5" in Production and it works very well for me.The 5" model I have is running with a 13lb recoil spring in it without any problems. I can't imagine a softer shooting gun than one set up like this.

I did some practicing with my service today, its box stock, and I like how it runs! I may have to send it in for some work and make it my production gun and my tac my limited 10 gun lol.

Edited by steel1212

I liked the weight and length of the Tactical slide mostly for new shooters. I think it's a little easier for them to handle and enjoy shooting a centerfire gun that way once they graduate from the .22.

If I ever become an expert and want a new gun for Production, maybe I'd look at the Service or shoot a Glock or something. (This is not a "if I had to do it over" sentiment, beause I'm still happy with the criteria I used to select the XD Tactical.)